Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium Expectations for a first-timer?

Add topic

Another newbie question.  I have never even been in the stadium, so what am I supposed to expect?  I have 4 season tickets in section 207, and have heard/read about the Cabana/Priority Club, but most of that was from dated material back when the stadium was being built/getting ready to open (no real pictures or details to be found).  What amenities do I have access to from that section?  I have also bought a couple of extra tickets for the Navy game for others we have coming - can we easily "swap" seats so we can all get a chance to see where my season tickets are?  Really just looking for the insider info on what is cool/special for the stadium and where we are sitting (if anything).
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Another newbie question.  I have never even been in the stadium, so what am I supposed to expect?  I have 4 season tickets in section 207, and have heard/read about the Cabana/Priority Club, but most of that was from dated material back when the stadium was being built/getting ready to open (no real pictures or details to be found).  What amenities do I have access to from that section?  I have also bought a couple of extra tickets for the Navy game for others we have coming - can we easily "swap" seats so we can all get a chance to see where my season tickets are?  Really just looking for the insider info on what is cool/special for the stadium and where we are sitting (if anything).
Posted On: Aug 23rd 2017, 4:08 PM #370155

Section 207 Is part of the Hyundai deck.  Between the 100 section and the 200 section is the deck with a large bar, high top tables and seating all around the bar.  You have bathrooms dedicated to the deck and food vendors and additional beer vendors on the deck.  Many people sit at the high tops and watch the game from there.  

You have access to the entire stadium except the tower (unless you are a OSF donor) from the deck and some of the better food is on the 100 concourse around the other side of the stadium.  

For most games you would be able to get seats together but I don't believe that will be the case for this game.

I would recommend coming in the South East corner gates and you can go right up the stairs to the deck.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Posted On: Aug 23rd 2017, 4:08 PM #370155

If the ticket department has been listening to Hyundai Deck season ticketholders it will NOT be easy to swap tickets in and out.  Hard to sell a premium section if the $12 dollar guy can come and go as they please.  It will be disappointing if the Deck is overflowing with poachers.  LOCK IT DONW FAU.

Past seasons it hasn't been Alcatraz to get in and out.
Back to the top

I agree, FAU has to start enforcing the premium sections or why should I keep paying 10 times as much for a ticket?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Build a wall !I agree.This subject is like beating a dead horse. I see the problem not being the stair entrance, but the entrance near the restrooms. Wayyy too soft . And lets face it, those folks don't want to work too hard to enforce the rule.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Build a wall !I agree.This subject is like beating a dead horse. I see the problem not being the stair entrance, but the entrance near the restrooms. Wayyy too soft . And lets face it, those folks don't want to work too hard to enforce the rule.

Posted On: Aug 23rd 2017, 6:36 PM #370162

And we will keeping beating the dead horse for as long as they sell the $90 tickets as a premium section.
Back to the top

A wrinkly $10 bill in the palm of your hand is the price of entry for you and your guests.

"The older you get, the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow…you just gotta keep on L-I-V-I-N!"

Or as my father said once upon a decade, "People hate New Yorkers, but they sure as hell love to visit and spend their money."
Back to the top

StPeteOwl said

A wrinkly $10 bill in the palm of your hand is the price of entry for you and your guests.

"The older you get, the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow…you just gotta keep on L-I-V-I-N!"

Or as my father said once upon a decade, "People hate New Yorkers, but they sure as hell love to visit and spend their money."
Posted On: Aug 23rd 2017, 10:14 PM #370164

You're an interesting dude.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I think they do a pretty good job of keeping most people who do not have tickets to the deck out.

I few might get in, but I sit right by one of the place where there a security guard and he turns many away.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I think they do a pretty good job of keeping most people who do not have tickets to the deck out.

I few might get in, but I sit right by one of the place where there a security guard and he turns many away.

Posted On: Aug 24th 2017, 8:43 AM #370166

that might be the case but when there are 2k people at the game and the bar line is 10 people long something is up.
Back to the top
Control functions: