Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 9-2-17

Add topic

FINAL:

Northwestern State 24  La Tech 52
Back to the top

FINAL:

MTSU 6 Vanderbilt 28
Back to the top

C-USA goes 6-6 for the week.
Back to the top

6 wins = 1 vs. MAC (5 pt. win at home), 5 (FIVE) vs. FCS.

WOW!
Back to the top

In that ONE win vs. a FBS level program, Marshall had 267 yards TOTAL O vs. Miami (OH) at home. Won with 2 KO returns and an INT. return for TD's. The Marshall O scored 10 points AT HOME VS. A MAC TEAM!
Back to the top

Rick said

This is off topic but best place to out it…

Former OC Travis Trickett and GA State lost to Tenn State 17-10 at home…Panthers had a total of 273 yards.

Their QB was 14-17 but they couldn't run the ball to save their lives.  49 yards on 29 carries.

Glad we've moved on.

Back to the top

C-USA looked weak.

MTSU was over matched by Vandy (Vandy talent wise is about the same as Navy)

WKU only won by two TD's over an FCS school Brhom is a huge loss more than some are making out to be.
Purdue almost beat Louisville the other night in his first game (Brhom will be the UF coach next year-hot take by me)

ODU qb's looked bad against FCS competition only threw for 161.

FAU has some wins coming in the conference just gotta take care of BCU and UB and this should look like a different team in a month with some gel time.

Ark State who uses a lot of JUCO's started 0-4 last year and finished with a bowl win over UCF.
Back to the top

OC  our season starts week three. Lets stay healthy and move forward. I could see a higher skill level by us last Friday. And yes…we will run the ball again. And when we do, our passing game will be that much better. I will be interested to see what Navy does over the next couple of weeks. That will give us something to compare us to.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

OC  our season starts week three. Lets stay healthy and move forward. I could see a higher skill level by us last Friday. And yes…we will run the ball again. And when we do, our passing game will be that much better. I will be interested to see what Navy does over the next couple of weeks. That will give us something to compare us to.
Posted On: Sep 4th 2017, 1:35 PM #370609

What i love about Lane is his honesty he came right out and said he was embarrassed and didn't need to be asked about the lack of runs. We only held the ball for 19:37 so it was hard to get into a flow.

This isn't Charlie telling us how much we improved in practice…
Back to the top

YUP, Lane says we suck in practice so we sucked in the game (MY PARAPHRASING!) - how's that for the truth.

I have ALWAYS BELIEVED THAT YOU PLAY LIKE YOU PRACTICE AND TAUGHT THAT TO EVEN 12 YEAR OLDS!
Back to the top
Control functions: