Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Wisconsin Game Thread - September 9, 2017

Add topic

I am betting Mr. Woods and Solomon get into the mix REAL soon, like next week. Mr. Johnson too!
Back to the top

Back to the top

Today was a very tough day for me today as a football fan. My old home state school which I grew up watching and rooting for which I still do, was playing my alma mater which I root for just as hard. FAU played and performed a lot better than I thought against the Badgers offense and defense. if you ask my family compared to how i usually am with football games, I was very passive today.
Back to the top

I think we've all sort of gotten to the point where we realize it's better not to get emotionally-involved in these games - they're just "the price of doing business", as it were, and we have to get past them to get into the real meat of our season. We say that all the time. We literally say the same things every year.

Final score was 31-14. Inasmuch as you can be happy with a loss, I'm happy with that margin. I'm happy it's not 55-7,  57-21, or those ungodly scores from last season like our 63-7 loss to Kansas State. It's especially commendable when you read about how our players were really concerned and thus distracted about their families back home.

We know this team had an influx of talent unlike years before, we know not all of those guys work out as advertised, we know from practice reports that we still have fundamental problems (like high snaps, overthrowing WRs) and now we're seeing issues with tackling. We're two games in. These things will settle down. We will get better. Kiffin has said this. We've said this. We just need to internalize it.
Back to the top

Months ago when we had a prediction thread, fans were posting their thoughts. They were based on nothing other than hope. We had no evidence to go on. We had no information on our competition. As it stands right now, FAU looks like a middle of the pack C-USA team. The premier teams are still at the top and landing quality recruits. It is a difficult job to turn a losing program around. Remember, as we are trying to get better, so is everyone else. And some teams have a head start. I have hopes for the season. But I am also realistic.
Back to the top

And 0-2 is EXACTLY where we were projected to be anyhow. The season starts THIS SATURDAY!!!!!

Personally I am REALLY HOPING that Mr's Woods, Solomon ans Johnson play and play a lot!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Personally I am REALLY HOPING that Mr's Woods, Solomon ans Johnson play and play a lot!!!
Posted On: Sep 10th 2017, 8:11 AM #370805

Johnson showed during the Navy game that he's going to bring a different dimension to our QB play. If/when he can throw as well as he runs we'll really be in a good position.
Back to the top

Anyone have more word on him? Sounds like he was snapping from the hospital with an non football related visit. 
Back to the top

A real nice story on the Owls and the Irma issues;

College football spotlight: Florida Atlantic gets credit, just for showing up - LA Times

From the LA TIMES NO LESS!!!!!!
Back to the top

If you missed the game or want to re-live it for some reason, it's posted in full on YouTube right now:

Back to the top
Control functions: