Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Wisconsin Game Thread - September 9, 2017

Add topic

owlcountry40 said

BigAppleBucky said

14Era said

teambeer said

You won't want video of this game
Posted On: Sep 4th 2017, 9:53 AM #370597
Lol. Who has the big ten network? Lol. Nobody wants to watch that garbage fb…

Posted On: Sep 5th 2017, 12:59 AM #370629
Big Ten fans love it.  I wouldn't get a cable package that didn't offer it.

It's the oldest and most successful conference dedicated sports network around. Celebrating ten years in the business this season.

Obviously, your team can get out of Florida.  I suppose, the problem might be getting back.

Gov. Rick Scott banned the use of the words "climate change" from all official communications in 2015.  Perhaps he also needs to ban the words "180  record high 186 mph winds," "catastrophic flooding," and "run for your lives."
Posted On: Sep 6th 2017, 12:16 PM #370646
Well I just made the choice to fly up no matter what I really hope we don't duck out like UM did.

Posted On: Sep 6th 2017, 1:44 PM #370650
Back to the top

I am all booked to go to see the owls this weekend. Where is everyone tailgating for the game?

-In Lane We Trust
Back to the top

cbboarder said

If anyone is headed out and ends up in Atlanta we can offer some hospitality. Hell, my DirectTV package might even include the Big Ten Network. I probably need to double check……

Be safe and use your head!

Go Owls!
Posted On: Sep 6th 2017, 7:56 AM #370644

Are you going to the FAU Alumni Watch Party in the Atlanta area?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

My comcast package includes Big10 and Pac 10 and sec
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

cbboarder said

If anyone is headed out and ends up in Atlanta we can offer some hospitality. Hell, my DirectTV package might even include the Big Ten Network. I probably need to double check……

Be safe and use your head!

Go Owls!

Posted On: Sep 6th 2017, 7:56 AM #370644

Are you going to the FAU Alumni Watch Party in the Atlanta area?
Posted On: Sep 6th 2017, 4:45 PM #370655

Probably not. I live about 40 miles north of the city and I can't justify navigating bad traffic to watch a beat down. Maybe when we get into conference play….

Go Owls!
Back to the top

FAU vs. Wisconsin is the ONLY unchanged game featuring a Florida FBS team. All other games were either moved up to early in the day, moved to Friday, or were downright cancelled.

The Owls will leave for Wisconsin on Friday. Pat Chun says the game will go on.

This being the case, the only issue would be when/how the Owls return to Boca. FAU Football would need a place to stay, eat, and practice, for players, coaches, staff, and their families, for possibly an expanded period of time. Showing their MidWest hospitality, the University of Wisconsin has stepped up to help their foe, BIG TIME! Sometimes, it's bigger than football.

We all owe the University of Wisconsin a great deal of gratitude. Thank you Badgers!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Hello all,

Just letting you know that if you don't have the Big Ten Network in your cable package, there are some streaming options. Most (I think all) offer a introductory time period that you can cancel after (typically 5-7 days).

I'm a "cord cutter" and use Playstation Vue, but you need a PlayStation for that, I believe.

Browser-based options are DIRECTV and FuboTV. Just make sure you choose a package with the Big Ten Network as it may not be in the base package.

Good luck this weekend (in the game and with the weather).
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

BigAppleBucky said

14Era said

teambeer said

You won't want video of this game
Posted On: Sep 4th 2017, 9:53 AM #370597
Lol. Who has the big ten network? Lol. Nobody wants to watch that garbage fb…

Posted On: Sep 5th 2017, 12:59 AM #370629
Big Ten fans love it.  I wouldn't get a cable package that didn't offer it.

It's the oldest and most successful conference dedicated sports network around. Celebrating ten years in the business this season.

Obviously, your team can get out of Florida.  I suppose, the problem might be getting back.

Gov. Rick Scott banned the use of the words "climate change" from all official communications in 2015.  Perhaps he also needs to ban the words "180  record high 186 mph winds," "catastrophic flooding," and "run for your lives."  
Posted On: Sep 6th 2017, 12:16 PM #370646

Well I just made the choice to fly up no matter what I really hope we don't duck out like UM did.
Posted On: Sep 6th 2017, 1:44 PM #370650

owlcountry40 said

Full contact in practice is all fun and games until people get hurt.

Again I am not judging the D based off the triple option.

You guys watched UT give up over 500 yards on the ground and they are way more talented than GT.

Our strength is our DB's guys like Herb who I think will have big years didn't even play really against Navy.
Posted On: Sep 5th 2017, 8:47 AM #370631
Good for you. Glad you decided to brave it out.

I see you got some answers to your query on Buckyville.  
OT: FAU fan looks for recommendations in Madison - Buckyville

I usually recommend Ella's Deli on East Washington to folks with kids in tow.  The place is fantastic for the 3 to 10 year old set.

If you have to stay in Madison for several days, be sure to get the lower room rates.  Football weekend prices are higher than normal prices.  

Also, House on the Rock isn't too far away.

Back to the top

The sports package in Comcast includes the Big Ten network, but I'd much rather watch it with other Owl Fans. Anyone in the DC area know of an alumni watch party?
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: