Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2017 C-USA Opener - FAU vs MTSU

After my initial depression last week after the Buffalo loss I am still hopeful for the remaining 2/3rd of the season. I believe Buffalo will be a bowl team when the season ends. Our Conference USA schedule seems a lot easier at this point than it did prior to the season injuries with MTSU, Old Dominion offense is a mess, FIU is awful, WKU has taken a step back without Brohm.

With Stockstill looking like he will be out, and possibly Richie James. If FAU can find some efficiency in the passing game they can win this game. I hope we run the ball around a 70% of the time. Defense took a step back last week especially on 3rd down, and making splash plays.

I will probably regret this, but I think FAU ends the streak!

FAU 34   MTSU 30
Back to the top

Hope you're right Delt! It's home game.  Need to run the ball and pray to the gods there are no rain delays.  Offense needs an identity and defense needs to tackle.  
Back to the top

We have an identity, we're a run first team that should start Parr to keep the defense honest with long passes that add a quick strike option.

It's going to be needed this week because MTSU is the best run defense in the conference.

If Parr is selected as the quarterback, we win. If he is not, we lose.

That said…

Parr Nation - FAU 33  MTSU 27

Driskel's Ducks - MTSU 27  FAU 24
Back to the top

Rick said

We have an identity, we're a run first team that should start Parr to keep the defense honest with long passes that add a quick strike option.

It's going to be needed this week because MTSU is the best run defense in the conference.

That said…

Posted On: Sep 28th 2017, 8:03 PM #371457

What has Parr done to show he's any different than driskle?
Two passes to wide open guys?

Like I said in the podcast (which should be posted somtime) 
Parr completed 4 passes beyond the LOS vs Bethune. The interception he threw before half was an ugly miss read. He is a bit shorter and from watching practically on field level he has trouble making the 7-15 yard passes over the middle getting it over big linemen.
Driskle had some moments last year and Parr a couple this year. They are both below average and we shouldn't be winning or losing games based on who starts between them. 
The running game and D will decide if we win.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Rick said

That said…

Two passes to wide open guys?

Like I said in the podcast (which should be posted somtime) 
Parr completed 4 passes beyond the LOS vs Bethune. The interception he threw before half was an ugly miss read. He is a bit shorter and from watching practically on field level he has trouble making the 7-15 yard passes over the middle getting it over big linemen.
Driskle had some moments last year and Parr a couple this year. They are both below average and we shouldn't be winning or losing games based on who starts between them. 
The running game and D will decide if we win.
Posted On: Sep 28th 2017, 8:48 PM #371458

At least Parr has hit the down field passes. Driskel wasn’t coming close to the wide open guys down the field.

But in general they both haven’t been impressive. Just need to run the ball and no turnovers from the qb 
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Sep 28th 2017, 8:48 PM #371458

What DeltAlumnus said…

To add: Driskel.

Podcast talk is fine, but this is a prediction thread…and your salt is produced by prognostication!

So, what's your p-r-e-d-i-c-t-i-o-n?

:Thinking:  :Ligthbulb:  :Smug:
Back to the top

Rick said

That said…

Completely agree with this post.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

We need to run the ball!!!!

FAU can EASILY win this game with either QB.
FAU 31 - MTSU 17

However, The Blue Raiders won't be our biggest enemy this weekend. Weather delays will be expected. With that said:

Weather delay will add 14 points to MTSU score and we head to OT. I'm gonna bank on this coaching staff to pull thru by 3 at end of regulation or by 6 in OT.
Back to the top

Close game if our D shows up. Our kicking game is great. FAU breaks the streak. 27-24
Back to the top

My initial thought is that I really want Parr to start, but after reading some of the other comments and taking a step back to think, I would agree that neither QB has done a lot for us, but Parr has atleast passed beyond the LOS.

Prediction wise I'm gonna go with another last minute MTSU nailbiter, but with FAU grabbing the hail mary pass this time.
FAU 30, MTSU 24

Since its probably going to be wet has anyone checked to make sure we have enough footballs?:Big-Grin:

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: