Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions - FAU @ Old Dominion

Rick said

owlcountry40 said

34-13

I don't see how ODU scores more than MTSU did against us.
Posted On: Oct 5th 2017, 4:10 PM #371627

Thought about that too…the only point to call out is that MTSU turned the ball over THREE times…so, given that ODU is top of the conference in T/O margin figured that was worth some points.
Posted On: Oct 5th 2017, 4:51 PM #371630

Give our D some credit like I have said on the pod cast we run a D to force turnovers. We might give up completions and some yards which do not look great in a box score.
Two things our D has don't this yea is other than the Navy game few big plays and we force turnovers. QB will have to complete a lot of passes to score on us.   
Back to the top

We will have defensive points this week. And ODU will not be as offensive as MTSU. I also think our lack of penalties is a true sign of the coaches. Also, Briles has figured out what works with this team. Took him a couple of weeks.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Give our D some credit.. .   
Posted On: Oct 5th 2017, 5:05 PM #371631

Gave them credit for three stops via turnover…ODU won't be turning the ball over and they are a running team…Big difference. 

BTW the point line is 57, just looked…..
Back to the top

Rick said

owlcountry40 said

Gave them credit for three stops via turnover…ODU won't be turning the ball over and they are a running team…Big difference. 

Posted On: Oct 5th 2017, 7:34 PM #371633

I'll take the under.
Back to the top

Rick said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Oct 5th 2017, 7:34 PM #371633

ODU O 7 turnovers in 4 games, not bad, not good either!
Back to the top

Made a lousy argument, should have checked what I heard…we are actually best in T/O margin…not the right stat.

Accordingly, did some digging…

We have gained 9 to their 3, and have lost 5 to their 6.

What I should have said was that they don't turn it over much compared to MTSU who is last with 12 lost.

Comparing the points MTSU was able to post given the fact that they coughed it up three times is not something we can hang our hat on in possible total points scored for this game.

If memory serves correct the point line for MTSU was 59, which came in next to exact at 58 for the final tally.

Regardless, I think the total points for the ODU contest will also be closer to the line (57) when it is all said and done…for them to flounder and that be true we will have to post a near season high (44).

Let's see what happens…Would love to see it! We need another strong showing to help build the resume.

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

34-13

By not throwing 3 interceptions.  FAU - 42 ODU - 31
Back to the top

owlmart said

owlcountry40 said

34-13

By not throwing 3 interceptions.  FAU - 42 ODU - 31
Posted On: Oct 6th 2017, 8:15 AM #371637

TRUE freshman QB - we NEED TO make his life awful for 3 hours!!!!
Back to the top

Unfortunately I am going to miss this one. I predict a close back and forth game. We all know ODU at home will be tough. At the end of the day our beastly RBs carry the day and pull it out. Lane and the coaching staff now seem to have a better feel for the team. We shouldn't have to worry as much about horrible deflating coaching in close games – we have the staff to help these guys pull through now. This will be a breakthrough game IMO - FAU 31 - ODU 27.
Back to the top

Rick...start the game thread. I need to follow it to get email updates. I will be busy and will be following on my phone.
Back to the top
Control functions: