Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 10-14-17

Add topic

UTSA vs UNT Game Recap…

Back to the top

In case you guys didn't know or miss an FAU game, the Conference USA channel posts highlights from the week's game on their YouTube page so you can check it out… pretty quickly after, usually within a couple hours of it ending.

That's been pretty awesome.

Because the feeds come from different sources, anything from BeIN to Stadium to ESPN3, the camera and announcer quality certainly varies though. But hey, you technically DO get to see it.

Somebody was saying that CUSA was asked to upgrade all cameras to ESPN quality, among other things, and the schools all haven't, so maybe the reason we're getting coverage on these newer networks instead is they'll accept lower quality to get the audience?
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

In case you guys didn't know or miss an FAU game, the Conference USA channel posts highlights from the week's game on their YouTube page so you can check it out… pretty quickly after, usually within a couple hours of it ending.

That's been pretty awesome.

Because the feeds come from different sources, anything from BeIN to Stadium to ESPN3, the camera and announcer quality certainly varies though. But hey, you technically DO get to see it.

Posted On: Oct 15th 2017, 11:50 AM #371848

It also makes it more difficult to go to a single website and get highlights. For me, Sunday mornings are spent on ESPN.com checking out all of the scores & highlights from the night before. But CUSA, more than any other conference, doesn't have their highlights posted along side the scores.

Alluding to what you said Doc, that is because they come from so many sources. ESPN has agreements with CBS, NBC, and Fox so they can show highlights of those games. Meanwhile, the games on the Disney family, including ESPN3, will go directly to ESPN's website. But the games on Stadium, beIN, and especially CUSA.tv, are much more difficult to come by.

Therefore the CUSA YouTube account, is by far the best one-stop-shop for all CUSA highlights.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Rick said

FINAL:

UTSA 26  UNT 29

The Mean Green rally for a 4th quarter win to complete a home team sweep for October 14th's action.

Owls up next!

Posted On: Oct 14th 2017, 10:33 PM #371838

WOW!

Next Saturday's game at Howard Schnellenberger Field just became the CUSA game of the week, and it's not even close! Holy crap, have we EVER had a game like this in FAU Stadium history, or maybe since 2007 for that matter? A home game where 1) We are the top team in the division, and 2) We host the hottest & best team in the other division?

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

After throwing for 354 yards and leading North Texas on a dramatic 98-yard game-winning touchdown drive in the final minute of the Mean Green’s 29-26 victory over UTSA, sophomore QB Mason Fine has been named Conference USA Offensive Player of the Week.  The Defensive Player of the Week goes to FIU junior DL Fermin Silva, who had eight tackles, three tackles for loss and two sacks in the Panthers win over Tulane.  Special Teams honors were given to Marshall senior K/P Kaare Vedvik, whose 92-yard punt was the longest in the FBS in 45 years and the seventh-longest ever.  C-USA Football Players of the Week are voted on by a panel of the league’s media.
Back to the top
Control functions: