Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Marshall @ FAU Game Thread - Nov 3rd, 2017

Add topic

DeltAlumnus said

Rick said

The Owls open as 10.5 point favorites against the Herd.
Posted On: Oct 29th 2017, 5:00 PM #372454

Wow seems high. I would guess that gets bet down 

Posted On: Oct 29th 2017, 5:13 PM #372456

You don't think the margin of victory will be 11?
Back to the top

Marshall travels very well guys, better than lame o FIU! If ya can't be there, make sure ya get your tickets to someone who WILL come and talk it up. We need 20-25K to start showing these players and Coaches what they are doing is appreciated!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Marshall travels very well guys, better than lame o FIU! If ya can't be there, make sure ya get your tickets to someone who WILL come and talk it up. We need 20-25K to start showing these players and Coaches what they are doing is appreciated!
Posted On: Oct 29th 2017, 6:35 PM #372460

Good idea - if you can't be at the game and you have season tickets, it is fine if you try to sell them, but if you can't GIVE THEM AWAY as a last resort to try and get people in the stands!

And Marshall has always traveled well.  I posted some about my Alma Mater (WCU).  Marshall, Appalachian State, and Georgia Southern used to all be in that same FCS conference.  Often, those teams would bring pretty close to the same amount of fans as the home team.  So we need to get FAU fans in the stadium.
Back to the top

You don't think said

DeltAlumnus said

Rick said

The Owls open as 10.5 point favorites against the Herd.
Posted On: Oct 29th 2017, 5:00 PM #372454

Wow seems high. I would guess that gets bet down 

Posted On: Oct 29th 2017, 5:13 PM #372456

You don't think the margin of victory will be 11?

Posted On: Oct 29th 2017, 5:51 PM #372458

The spread is set to try and get bets on both sides to protect the house.  This tells me that the oddsmakers definitely think FAU is more than a TD better, but they will inflate the initial spread in a game like this to bring in the money on Marshall and the line ends up at like 7 or 8 (where they really think it belongs and where money starts coming in on the Owls).  I was definitely wrong last week, as I thought the Owls would win but it would be close.  I haven't really seen Marshall yet, but if they got beat by FIU by 11….
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

We beat Marshall last year, didn't we?

Sadly this will be the only home game I wont be able to attend this season. I'll be rooting all the way from San Diego.

Go Owls !!!
Posted On: Oct 29th 2017, 3:00 PM #372438

We lost to Marshall 27-21 last year.  We were up 21-16 at the half but didn't score any after halftime.  Still led 21-19 after 3 quarters.  The series is 4-0 Marshall.  The first game against them was a 1-point affair, the other two were more than 2 TD wins by the Herd.
Back to the top

"

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

On follow up note:

The line actually opened at 10, they back filled it from 10.5…it is now 10 on one site, 9.5 on another, and 9 on another.

That averages out to 9.5 obviously, so 10 was pretty close to public confidence…
Back to the top

I don't care at all about betting lines, just W's and L's. And "WINNING IS WAY BETTER THAN LOSING"  - Go Nuke and GO OWLS!!!!
Back to the top

I'm actually pretty worried about Marshall. This team is talented, travels well, and only has losses to NC State and FIU. Played NC State pretty well for this first half. This is a must-win game for them, not so much for us. We can lose to Marshall, and still beat FIU to win the division. So I think they'll come out ready to play. They've got a decent fanbase, and an experienced coach (although our coaching situation has never been better lol). Doc Holliday is, in my opinion, the best coach in the conference, outside of Butch and Kiff. He has his teams playing well most years, and competing with bigger, better schools every year.

I could be wrong, but I'm expecting this to be a tough game for us.
Back to the top

It will be a battle of our good O vs. their good D. They did just give up 40 points at home to FIU with only a short week to fix that (travel too)! Should be a good game but being here I say we pull away in 4th qtr like last week. Our O just wears D's out!
Back to the top
Control functions: