Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

McNeal?

Per FAU not sitting...
Back to the top

Rick said

Per FAU not sitting…
Posted On: Aug 28th 2019, 3:29 PM #387801

Good to hear, hopefully he can produce this year.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Saw him today briefly when he was working out at practice, physically he looks good. Talent’s never been the problem. But the key with him has always been mental. Maybe a new position coach (McCarthy) and a second chance could be the boost he needs. 

FWIW from talking to him, especially after last year ended, he loves it here and really wanted to make it work. He’ll have that chance now. Best case, he gives FAU a jolt. Worst case, he doesn’t. Like Kiffin said, it’s risk-free. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

What was the timeline of his departure? Was he here during the spring? Summer workouts?

I can't imagine he'll be playing this weekend but given he already knows the playbook and calls, and the QB (assuming it's Robocop) he should slide right back in.

Really nice to have a big guy back for depth, I'm concerned that Mitchell is just one of those guys who can't stay healthy.
Back to the top

teambeer said

What was the timeline of his departure? Was he here during the spring? Summer workouts?

I can't imagine he'll be playing this weekend but given he already knows the playbook and calls, and the QB (assuming it's Robocop) he should slide right back in.

Really nice to have a big guy back for depth, I'm concerned that Mitchell is just one of those guys who can't stay healthy.
Posted On: Aug 28th 2019, 4:41 PM #387806

Not sure if he was on campus during spring - I think he graduated in May, but don’t know if he was physically here or just taking online classes. But didn’t practice in spring, he entered the portal when last season ended. So he then went to SMU, enrolled there, practiced (his Instagram had a pic of him practicing) and I think re-entered the portal last week. 

Kiffin said McNeal will fully practice starting next week. He was there today but not practicing, at least when we were out there. Did some strength and agility drills. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

teambeer said

I can't imagine he'll be playing this weekend…
Posted On: Aug 28th 2019, 4:41 PM #387806

He's not playing this weekend…
Back to the top

Nice to see him back. He had a nice start to 2017 and looked like a No. 1 option at times with Parr slinging it. Hopefully a fresh re-start can get him back to that form with Robison who resembles more Parr than Driskel 
Back to the top
Control functions: