Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football in the Polls

After FAU's 52-24 victory over rival FIU, improving their to 8-3, the Owls are receiving votes in the Coaches Poll for the first time in program history.

I've been waiting for FAU to crack the receiving votes section of the polls for a couple of weeks now. Amazing to finally see it happen.

The AP Poll comes out in an hour or so.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

If we could win out then they'd have to rank us with an 11-3 record, you'd think…
Back to the top

Wow - how cool. The DOMINATION of CUSA has to make a difference! Go Owls!
Back to the top

Back to the top

No dice in the AP Poll. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, we can make the RV section.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

If we could win out then they'd have to rank us with an 11-3 record, you'd think…

Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 1:06 PM #373606

No chance unless you destroy your next opponent and win bowl. AP no chance. I think you should be more worried about Kiffin leaving. Many firings happening where they can easily pay x3 more than what FAU is paying. 
Back to the top

Anonymous said

No chance unless you destroy your next opponent and win bowl. AP no chance. I think you should be more worried about Kiffin leaving. Many firings happening where they can easily pay x3 more than what FAU is paying.
Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 2:46 PM #373631
Is this you?

Back to the top

We won't get there this week imo but we should be really close in the coaches poll.  We should move ahead of TAMU, WF, ISU, Michigan, and SC in the coaches poll.  
Back to the top

Agreed, we have wins over six (6) bowl eligible teams and a relatively close loss on the road to a top 5 team, all three losses to bowl eligible teams! Not bad Owls!!!!!

And how bout CUSA! Some have said it was a a down year for the conference. NOPE! TEN (10) Bowl eligible teams - MOST OF ANY CONFERENCE! I pointed this out about a month ago and the teams did it! 10 of the 39 bowl games will have a CUSA team in them, amazing in that day and age of the Power 5 monopoly! :cool:
Back to the top

10 are eligible. Not included yet. But a great showing.
Back to the top
Control functions: