Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Charlotte Game Thread - November 25, 2017

Add topic

FAU @ Charlotte Game Thread - November 25, 2017

The Matchup: FAU (8-3, 7-0 C-USA) vs. Charlotte (1-10, 1-6 C-USA)

When: Saturday, November 25th, 2:00 PM

Where: Jerry Richardson Stadium

Weather: Current conditions at Jerry Richardson Stadium

The Series: Tied at 1-1 with the road team taking the win each time. The 49ers took last year's contest

Charlotte Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: Stadium, WTCN My15

Live Video: None

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Stats: Here

Opening Line: -21 Owls

Back to the top

This is the largest nod the Owls have been given this season, one point more than BCC.

Unless we use the contest as a rest game for the starters once in command, it will likely be eclipsed.
Back to the top

I was actually in Charlotte on business last week and saw an FAU/Charlotte game banner in the city.
Back to the top

Are we sure that this game is televised anywhere?  The FAU site doesn't mention it and I don't see the game on TV listings for Saturday (at least not yet).  It would suck that this game isn't shown anywhere locally (or even online) given all of the current excitement about the program.  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Are we sure that this game is televised anywhere?  The FAU site doesn't mention it and I don't see the game on TV listings for Saturday (at least not yet).  It would suck that this game isn't shown anywhere locally (or even online) given all of the current excitement about the program.

Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 8:46 AM #373746

It's on Stadium.com looking above, and its on a local channel in Palm Beach County.  I live in Broward and it doesn't look like its been picked up yet (probably not).  The last 2 have been on WFSL.  If you live out PB County, fire up your laptop and connect it to your TV.
Back to the top

Stadium said

fauowls44 said

Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 8:46 AM #373746

It's on Stadium.com looking above, and its on a local channel in Palm Beach County.  I live in Broward and it doesn't look like its been picked up yet (probably not).  The last 2 have been on WFSL.  If you live out PB County, fire up your laptop and connect it to your TV.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 8:51 AM #373748

Yeah if you don't have the Stadium app yet, get it. It's 5 bucks a month for a TON of smaller games. Most of the games I've watched on tv have been on Stadium.
Back to the top

I've had really good luck watching our games on Pluto.tv.  For some reason I've tried to watch stadium on Sling TV but it typically shows other games and not ours on Sling.  Pluto works great and at least to me seems to have a much better interface and easier to use for my parents.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Any chance of the dreaded "trap" game here?  I thought Charlotte was one of the absolute worst teams in all of college football at the first of the season, and even though they still only have 1 win (over a 7-win UAB team - go figure), they have had at least some close games.  To me the good news is they just got absolutely smashed by Southern Miss, so hopefully they are just ready to get the season over.

I think the team is on a mission, so not too worried about a letdown.  But I'd like to see us just come out of the gates and have this one over by the end of the 1st quarter.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Any chance of the dreaded "trap" game here?  I thought Charlotte was one of the absolute worst teams in all of college football at the first of the season, and even though they still only have 1 win (over a 7-win UAB team - go figure), they have had at least some close games.  To me the good news is they just got absolutely smashed by Southern Miss, so hopefully they are just ready to get the season over.

I think the team is on a mission, so not too worried about a letdown.  But I'd like to see us just come out of the gates and have this one over by the end of the 1st quarter.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 10:12 AM #373772

Yeah it would be nice to give the starters on both sides of the ball tbe 2nd half off.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 10:12 AM #373772

I don't see it being a trap game. Charlotte is too bad, and we're too focused. I think think have a letdown. I've rarely seen a team at any level playing with as much focus and commitment.
Back to the top
Control functions: