Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

TOURNAMENT THREAD: FAU in the Gulf Coast Showcase - November 20th to 23rd, 2017

Add topic

Rick said

dusky256fc said

Stop with the ex NBA guys…
Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 8:36 AM #373881

Ex NBA guys cumulative record through last night:

82-188

30.4%

We have now sat through nine years of that garbage and are underway in year 10.

Show me ANYWHERE else in the country you can stay employed at $350,000 and let that be your performance.

Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 9:45 AM #373883

I knew it was ugly but didn't realize it was that ugly.

McCall was the big miss.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

After seeing themselves down by 3 at halftime, the Owls have raced out to a 4 point lead early in the final half.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Owls lead 58-55 with 7 minutes left in regulation. Owls have seen their 7 point lead dwindle to a tie, but Troutman shoots a three with a hand in his face to give FAU the lead again.

Back to the top

WHAT A SECOND HALF BY THE BOYS!

OWLS WIN!

FAU improves to 2-2 on the year after the 76-66 victory over Northern Illinois.

FAU’s comeback was made possible by 51 second half points.

Delph posts second straight double-double with 19 points and a career high 14 rebounds.

Next vs Missouri State tomorrow at 1:30 PM.

Updated schedule: 2017-18 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

WHAT A SECOND HALF BY THE BOYS!

OWLS WIN!

FAU improves to 2-2 on the year after the 76-66 victory over Northern Illinois.
Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 3:29 PM #373896

Nice turnaround.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Is basketball following in the footsteps of football and getting good?
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 5:12 PM #373899

Highly doubt it, one win against a mediocre team is far from a turnaround.  I hope he makes me eat my words but I’m not to worried about that occurring.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

+1 They were ranked much higher and favored but beat Middle then let's talk.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 5:12 PM #373899

If only. Remember when they beat Ohio State and were still bad?
Back to the top

The team scored 51 in the second half to comeback against the NIU Huskies. The comeback was made possible by a slew of players who found their offensive stride after a sloppy first half.

Delph earned his second straight double-double, with a team high 19 points tied a career high of 14 rebounds. If he can continue this play, look for the Owls could surprise the doubters going into conference play. only on the bench for 9 minutes, the Auburn transfer lead all Owls in minutes played.

Starting PG Anthony Adger had his first double digit performance at FAU, as he claimed 14 points. I was impressed with his ability to drive the lane and earn his way to the free throw line, where he went 7-8 on the night. Adger also added 5 assists and 3 rebounds to his stat sheet.

Troutman found his stroke in the second half as well. The sharp shooter netted 14, but 12 of which came via three-pointers in the second half. Solid ball movement allowed him to shoot 71% on the day, which was a game high among players taking at least 4 shots. Most of Troutman's shots either put the Owls back on top while the game was tied, or quelled NIU runs before they could make serious dents into FAU's lead. Troutman was also on the court for the majority of the game, as he saw 30 minutes of playing time. Coach Curry has had a knack of putting Troutman on the bench for long periods of times *cough cough* the whole second half of the USF game except for the first minute and the final 10 seconds *clears throat*

The local lad, Justin Massey, had as sounds day with 13 points. His three pointer with 2:18 left was the dagger in NIU's comeback hopes, as it put the Owls up by three possessions.

I was very impressed with ho with team responded in the second half. It injects some hope into me for the rest of the season.

FAU now has their first win over a D1 opponent, and will take their 2-2 record against the Missouri State Bears of the Missouri Valley Conference. The Bears are currently 4-3 on the year, including wins over Western Kentucky and North Dakota State.

Back to the top
Control functions: