Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 11-25-17

Add topic

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 11-25-17

Florida Atlantic’s 52-24 win over FIU in the Shula Bowl on Saturday night meant that the Owls (8-3, 7-0 in C-USA) had clinched the East Division Championship and the right to host the 2017 Dynacraft Conference USA Football Championship Game on Saturday, December 2.  North Texas (8-3, 6-1 in C-USA) punched its ticket as West Division Champion back on November 11. The C-USA Championship Game will be televised live on ESPN2, beginning at 12:00 PM.

The matchup represents a rematch of the October 21st game in Boca Raton when Florida Atlantic set a new Conference USA single-game record for total offense with 804 yards. The Owls won that game, the highest-scoring league contest in C-USA this season, 69-31.

WKU and UTSA became bowl-eligible this past weekend, giving Conference USA eight bowl-eligible teams, tied for the most in league history.  This Saturday, the winner of the Old Dominion at Middle Tennessee game will reach bowl-eligibility, as will Louisiana Tech, if it can defeat UTSA in Ruston. C-USA is guaranteed of nine bowl-eligible teams and could produce 10, both of which would establish a new league record.

2017 C-USA BOWL-ELIGIBLE SCHOOLS (Nov. 20)

Florida Atlantic 8-3
North Texas 8-3
Marshall 7-4
Southern Miss 7-4
UAB 7-4
FIU 6-4
UTSA 6-4
WKU 6-5

Below is the stale for the final weekend of regular season play, which begins Friday night.

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 24

WKU at FIU (beIN)  7 pm

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 25

North Texas at Rice (ESPN3)  1 pm

UTEP at UAB (CUSA TV)  1 pm

Florida Atlantic at Charlotte (STAD FB)  2 pm

Southern Miss at Marshall (STAD)  2:30 pm

ODU at Middle Tennessee (ESPN3)  3 pm

UTSA at Louisiana Tech (ESPNU)  7:30 pm

Back to the top

I know we are not the ones who should necessarily be talking about attendance (and I know the day after Thanksgiving might be tough) -- but my goodness, there is virtually nobody at that FIU game. Looks like there are more people on the sidelines.
Back to the top

d-owl said

I know we are not the ones who should necessarily be talking about attendance (and I know the day after Thanksgiving might be tough) – but my goodness, there is virtually nobody at that FIU game. Looks like there are more people on the sidelines.
Posted On: Nov 24th 2017, 9:08 PM #374009

I’m watching as well and it’s BAD!!!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FINAL:

WKU 17  FIU 41

The Panthers cash in off of 21 points from turnovers. A very strange Hilltopper punt attempt began their downward slide.
Back to the top

I saw 2 Western Kentucky coaches at MIA yesterday.  

Super nice guys - it felt surreal to be able to talk a little trash with them!
Back to the top

The attendance at FIU will always be like that.
They have 55K students but over 70% if the student body is hispanic or from somewhere else.
Most of my friends are hispanic and attended FIU; they could care less about the football team or any college sports.
They usually make fun of me for supporting my owls.

Miami has tons of things to do as well and that makes it more difficult to draw students.

The canes own that area and everybody wants to be associated with the university of Miami, even though they did not attend the school.

Their football team is not doing bad in my opinion; they are a great school and they have a nice brand.
Back to the top

NITE-OWL said

The attendance at FIU will always be like that.
They have 55K students but over 70% if the student body is hispanic or from somewhere else.
Most of my friends are hispanic and attended FIU; they could care less about the football team or any college sports.
They usually make fun of me for supporting my owls.

Miami has tons of things to do as well and that makes it more difficult to draw students.

The canes own that area and everybody wants to be associated with the university of Miami, even though they did not attend the school.

Their football team is not doing bad in my opinion; they are a great school and they have a nice brand.
Posted On: Nov 25th 2017, 10:55 AM #374017

Being around the FAU program to a degree literally when it was blessed, I remember discussion about FIU never going to be able to get out of the UM shadow no matter what they do, and that being a little further up north will give the Broward/Palm Beach area school it's own flavor more than they could ever have. I always felt there was something to that.
Back to the top

FINAL:

UNT 30  Rice 14

North Texas closes out a 9-3 effort, and will finish 7-1 in C-USA play.
Back to the top

FINAL:

UTEP 7  UAB 28

The Miners go 0-12 for 2017.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: