Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bowl Projections November 26, 2017

TheREALowlsley said

dusky256fc said

TheREALowlsley said

cbboarder said

I'd luv a shot at the most historically overrated team in college football.  Any guesses? Yep, ND. I know it's not going to happen but it would be awesome!

Go Owls!
Posted On: Nov 26th 2017, 3:32 PM #374181
If you are referring to Notre Dame, they have some of the best academics and athletics in the country, and I believe they have one of the most difficult schedules in the country. I do not see other teams playing consistently tough schedules, I know thhey aren't always undefeated and I know that is because they always play top tier schools and don't schedule garbage games like many other schools do such as FSU who is thankful they had an easy schedule this year to get to 6-6.
Posted On: Nov 26th 2017, 4:08 PM #374182
How’d that Miami game go?  Statistically speaking they are at the top for most overrated, it’s just a fact. So is FSU and TX. Difference is ND hasn’t won the National Championship sine 88’, FSU has won three since then and TX has one.
Posted On: Nov 26th 2017, 4:18 PM #374183

I am a Miami fan and I am glad they won, I'm just trying to give them credit because they have strength of schedule playing teams like Univ Miami, USC, Stanford, Michigan state, and Georgia back to back weeks towards the end of their schedule they start to either get beat up or tired so that is just my statement I wanted to make.
Posted On: Nov 26th 2017, 5:16 PM #374195

Much of that is due to not joining a conference but I don’t entirely disagree with your point but the stats are there.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

TheREALowlsley said

cbboarder said

I'd luv a shot at the most historically overrated team in college football.  Any guesses? Yep, ND. I know it's not going to happen but it would be awesome!

Go Owls!
Posted On: Nov 26th 2017, 3:32 PM #374181
If you are referring to Notre Dame, they have some of the best academics and athletics in the country, and I believe they have one of the most difficult schedules in the country. I do not see other teams playing consistently tough schedules, I know they aren't always undefeated and I know that is because they always play top tier schools and don't schedule garbage games like many other schools do such as FSU who is thankful they had an easy schedule this year to get to 6-6.
Posted On: Nov 26th 2017, 4:08 PM #374182

I'm not discounting their academics or athletics. However their football team gets more credit than they deserve (IMO). Tend to get blown out in the big game, Miami, NCG against Bama to name a couple.

Granted, they play a tough schedule but that's caused by their exclusive TV deal. Cupcake games don't get the ratings needed by NBC (?) to justify the payout.

But point taken….

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Bahamas Bowl set - UAB vs. Ohio

Here is link to a video of team reactions;

UAB and Ohio set to meet in Bahamas Bowl – CollegeFootballTalk

Ohio players looked pretty happy but UAB players looked TOTALLY UNDERWHELMED!!!!
Back to the top

Umm, yeah...thanks for posting!
Back to the top

Just asking, but I thought CUSA teams had a pecking order of getting to pick?  I am assuming if this is a done deal, UNT and FAU already have said they would NOT pick the Bahamas Bowl?  I actually agree with that decision, but to re-educate me do the teams who finished higher actually get to pick the game they want?
Back to the top

I like Gasparilla vs USF. I don't think we can beat them but it would be a nice rematch to the game at Lockhart where they were in the top 10 at that time. If we beat them (and NT for CUSA champ) I think we end season in top 25.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Just asking, but I thought CUSA teams had a pecking order of getting to pick?  I am assuming if this is a done deal, UNT and FAU already have said they would NOT pick the Bahamas Bowl?  I actually agree with that decision, but to re-educate me do the teams who finished higher actually get to pick the game they want?
Posted On: Nov 27th 2017, 11:38 AM #374249
Winner of the Conference game gets first pick, loser gets second.  After that it’s gets complicated between the bowls, ESPN and the schools.  Either way we get to pick.  If we don’t get a shot at the Independence Bowl I am hoping for USF in St Pete and I do think we can beat them.  Get Flowers off his game (he’s on or way off) and we can win that game.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I believe USF vs FAU bowl game would bring some national intrigue as well. Which would be important.
Back to the top

I would like to play FSU or USF. We would definitely get a lot of publicly playing these Florida schools. We can also assess our level of improvement by going up againts these schools that recruit very good talent. We would definitely have a ton to gain by beating any one of them.  I wouldn’t mind a road to Tampa.  

But if we play in the Independence Bowl, I’ll be there. 🙏🏼 Go Owls 🦉!!!! Let’s keep the Lane Train 🚂 rolling and win that Conference Title Saturday. That championship banner will look great in our stadium. 
Back to the top

I did see a projection from the Sporting News today to go to the Birmingham Bowl against Memphis. Big Pay out and good matchup
Back to the top
Control functions: