Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bowl Projections November 26, 2017

CBS projects USF and FAU in the Gasparilla Bowl.
Back to the top

Some of these bowl projections are really oddball picks. I have no interest in watching FAU take on SMU or Duke.

And since these bowl projections can be so different I hesitate to believe any of them, especially those who think FAU would want to play in the Boca Raton Bowl. People have a tendency to put the most research into the top bowls and very little effort into the G5 bowls.

Anyway...

Question to those who have watched more USF and FSU this season than I have:

do you think we'd have a better chance of beating USF or FSU in a bowl game, and why?
Back to the top

Better chance of beating FSU this year I would think, with the coaching shake up.

Of course that win would always carry an * when we try to talk trash to Noles fans.
Back to the top

Fingers crossed for the gasparilla bowl against usf. I think that'd be a great matchup for us to play a respectable opponent and I will 100% make that trip
Back to the top

Hoppy said

Fingers crossed for the gasparilla bowl against usf. I think that'd be a great matchup for us to play a respectable opponent and I will 100% make that trip
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 8:41 AM #374622

From what I have ever read USF doesn’t wanna play in the state of Florida
Back to the top

I think for FAU, an in-state, non Boca Raton bowl would be ideal to draw fans and get the bowl experience. I'm sure most fans are not going to make a trip to Shreveport or other sites I've seen
Back to the top

Duke is ACC and is VERY BEATABLE! That matchup would give us more prestige to beat an ACC team than USF!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Duke is ACC and is VERY BEATABLE! That matchup would give us more prestige to beat an ACC team than USF!
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 8:54 AM #374626

That's a fair point.  Would carry more weight if basketball - ha!

I'm kinda like the narrative for something more local - taking on a school that's in-state to help with recruiting.

Back to the top

USF scares me because they have the offensive explosiveness to keep scoring where as FSU will be in disarray, not really want to be there, and have not been very good offensively.  On the flip-side, FSU is better defensively, but again they are in a weird spot right now and will probably have some kids not even play like Derwin James.

I still don't fully grasp the CUSA bowls.  I know I have been told we get to pick the bowl given we are the champs, but did we already have to go ahead and do that, or do we do it today after we see who all would take us or who the opponents will be?  For example, UAB is playing the Bahamas Bowl, but what if that is where we wanted to go (it isn't, but just asking)?  And if the Independence Bowl or something else "bigger" was available, when do we know - how do we get either invited or choose it since it isn't a primary tie-in?

Doesn't really matter - it will all mostly just happen around 1 PM today for all the schools.  But I kinda agree that if we have an ACC or other P5 match-up that is very winnable that would be really good.  If not, a USF match-up would be really good exposure.  Scary - but where does Memphis go as the AAC runner-up now (they only lost 2 games - both to UCF)?
Back to the top

But to me, like Boca, does St. Pete want a local team of an out of state team to sell Hotel rooms and meals to?

We can beat USF (again! :Laughing: ) as their D is pretty bad but their O is pretty good so to win it might be another UCF-USF type of game. That WOULD get TV sets tuned in, I gotta admit! But USF is probably a "tad" better than NT don't ya think.
Back to the top
Control functions: