Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bowl projections as of December 3, 2017, Bowl Selection Sunday

Both are posted on some of the sites not as a prediction, but as a done deal.
Back to the top

Really hoping Brett Murphy's sources are wrong here. Real anti-climatic match up after the end to our season
Back to the top

Temple is 6-6, 4-4 in conference, barely made it into a bowl game.

Maybe we won't accept?

Whatever happened to the champion choosing the bowl?
Back to the top

Temple is a 6-6 team who will bring NO fans at all for a Wednesday night game the week before Christmas.  I can only guess Boca is hoping that the draw of FAU will sell tickets and that the game is not a big draw for out-of-towners regardless.  What was the turnout for last year's WKU vs versus Memphis last year?  But if you look at that match-up, it is pretty similar (CUSA champ vs AAC chump).

Anybody know how the seating will work?  I only see being able to buy GA tickets through the FAU ticket site right now - you can't pick seats and everything is $50 per ticket.
Back to the top

We did accept it.....guess no other better options....at least travel is cheap

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Temple is a 6-6 team who will bring NO fans at all for a Wednesday night game the week before Christmas.  I can only guess Boca is hoping that the draw of FAU will sell tickets and that the game is not a big draw for out-of-towners regardless.  What was the turnout for last year's WKU vs versus Memphis last year?  But if you look at that match-up, it is pretty similar (CUSA champ vs AAC chump).
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 1:32 PM #374694

Turnout for last year's contest was decent. Memphis is and was a better team than temple. This has to be the most disappointing news I've heard. Such a bummer
Back to the top

You have got to be kidding me. After all this, Temple in Boca? This is literally a worst case scenario. I guaranty other conference teams will have better bowl games than this.
Back to the top

Temple 1-5 vs. Bowl eligible teams. Gave up 45, 43 and 49 vs. UCF, USF and ND!
Back to the top

We got a poor turnout at home vs a good North Texas team for the conference championship when the tickets were cheap… they think they'll have a good crowd vs a mediocre Temple team when the tickets cost several times that?

Wut?
Back to the top

At least the Boca Bowl has pre-sold tickets to many and Temple will bring 10X what FIU would ever have!!!! and the game will be marketed - unlike the CUSA game was! We have talked at length at how badly that was done! 14K was decent with that pathetic effort by the conference and FAU to get people to show - AT NOON! How was the student turn out, curious with the admission charged (cheap as it was).
Back to the top
Control functions: