Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bowl projections as of December 3, 2017, Bowl Selection Sunday

Owl2Doc said

We got a poor turnout at home vs a good North Texas team for the conference championship when the tickets were cheap… they think they'll have a good crowd vs a mediocre Temple team when the tickets cost several times that?

Wut?
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 1:50 PM #374703

Did the Athletic Department think this was a good idea, to stay at home against Temple – to play on a Wednesday night nonetheless? They couldn't try to fight for something else, or is this all about expenses? Nothing else was really available - maybe AAC or P5 teams were scared to match up against us? I obviously want our team to be up for this game and blow Temple out of the water – which they should do…but….
Back to the top

d-owl said

Did the Athletic Department think this was a good idea, to stay at home against Temple…
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 1:57 PM #374708

The athletic department doesn't have anything to do with this…its up the bowl administration.

But I would hope some other bowl offers us.

That is the only way the administration has a say of any kind - is to choose.
Back to the top

Rick said

d-owl said

Did the Athletic Department think this was a good idea, to stay at home against Temple…
The athletic department doesn't have anything to do with this…its up the bowl administration.

Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 2:02 PM #374710
Understood. I'm sure coach he is having the same reaction as most here. From what I'm seeing, this one is set in stone.."Battle of the Owls". :/
Back to the top

d-owl said

Rick said

d-owl said

Understood. I'm sure coach he is having the same reaction as most here. From what I'm seeing, this one is set in stone.."Battle of the Owls". :/
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 2:04 PM #374712

I haven't seen one positive post….

:Laughing:

:Thinking:

:Crying:
Back to the top

Rick said

d-owl said

Rick said

d-owl said

Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 2:04 PM #374712

I haven't seen one positive post….

:Laughing:

:Thinking:

:Crying:
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 2:08 PM #374713

Well, believe it or not – they beat Navy this year. Maybe we can look at this as erasing that opening night fiasco.
Back to the top

It is a buzz kill to what has been a terrific season.
Back to the top

rook01 said

It is a buzz kill to what has been a terrific season.
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 2:11 PM #374715

+10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Back to the top

The only positive aspect is that we are the ONLY game on TV that day.
Back to the top

I’m very disappointed as a fan and I feel for the players. From what I understand the travel is a big part of the bowl game experience for the team. I don’t want to sound ungrateful but this is knocking a lot of luster off such a great season. 
Back to the top

Someone from FIU tweeted that Murphy might have gotten FAU and FIU mixed up.

FIU vs Temple in the Boca Bowl actually makes sense. In fact didn't people predict that before?

Still hope out there!
Back to the top
Control functions: