Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 Boca Bowl Game Thread - Akron @ FAU - Dec 19th @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

I finally got over the fact that (IMO) other C-USA teams got better opponents.

I started focusing on the positive side of things: We're going Bowling, Another home game, televised on ESPN, we're going bowling, more convenient for fans to show up and support, and more importantly WE'RE GOING BOWLING.

My wife and I already worked out our work schedules to both be present for the game. Even taking my 4 month old son to witness this historic event. (Heck, we might be talking about this in 10 years)

Go Owls!!!

Back to the top

So glad to hear people got over the shock and letdown of what had been projected!

be there and support YOUR OWLS as they go for win 11 and no. 10 in a row! LEAVE NO DOUBT ….
Back to the top

I know they sometimes have "what if" spreads for some of the big boys, but I wonder what the spread would have been against other teams (or what Akron's would have been)?  I'd think we would have been favored against most of the other CUSA's competition except for FSU, but trying to keep it realistic it would be interesting to know what the spreads would have been in say FAU vs Temple in St. Pete and FIU versus Akron in Boca???

22.5 points is a WHOLE LOT when you consider it is a bowl game and teams have extra time to prepare (getting that number from the post above by "I am a owl").  Us being at home in this case ***could*** be against the guys getting up, but as we have seen with this team the last several weeks that probably won't be a problem.
Back to the top

These Coaches know how to get 'em up for a home game - they will hold nothing back and pull out all the stops for this win - nothing to hide now!!!
Back to the top

Head over to the Boca Bowl official merch store to purchase your out of date FAU gear to commemorate the day!  LMAO whats going on??

Unreal…

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Back to the top

Akron giving two tickets to students and offering additional tickets for $20. Pretty good deal - trying to get their kid's down here!!!
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

I finally got over the fact that (IMO) other C-USA teams got better opponents.

I started focusing on the positive side of things: We're going Bowling, Another home game, televised on ESPN, we're going bowling, more convenient for fans to show up and support, and more importantly WE'RE GOING BOWLING.

My wife and I already worked out our work schedules to both be present for the game. Even taking my 4 month old son to witness this historic event. (Heck, we might be talking about this in 10 years)

Go Owls!!!

Posted On: Dec 5th 2017, 1:50 PM #374981

I agree I am over it too.  I am fully paying attention to the fact that we have accomplished something that has never been done before.  Our expectations at first were to just make it to a bowl game and we are extremely lucky to have witnessed what we were able to accomplish guys. I couldn't be more thankful for our great coaching staff and the hard work they have put in to making sure we could achieve more than what we were all expecting.  Now it is our job to fill the stands in that bowl game so we can again witness something we haven't seen in 10 years (at our own home!).  I know this might have been "growing pains" for our program to not have the exact bowl we wanted but this bowl win will really lead to an exciting offseason.  We must fill the seats and show that we care about FAU football or this year will not appear as special as it was!!

Go OWLS!!!
Back to the top

Anybody know what the allotment split is for each school?  I think we pay for those tickets whether we sell them or not (not sure????), but if that is true we should take a big chunk of them and give them to any students who will stick around.
Back to the top

If you want to move up in the future, UCF bought 12,500 for their game against Auburn in 24 hours and asked for more tickets. There is going to be a time if we are going to move up, that is what will be expected of FAU.
Back to the top
Control functions: