Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Class of 2018 General Discussion

Add topic

This guy is coming in today:

Jalen Rayam
LB
6-2, 230 lbs
Alabaster, AL
Thompson HS

GOOD size for a 17 year old…

Back to the top

Wow that guy is a monster I am very impressed, just imagine how much our program has progressed compared to even 5 or 6 years ago. Players like that will make a difference!

Go owls!
Back to the top

This is the kind/size of a LB that could develop into a true star. We need one LB like this every year. Fingers crossed.
Back to the top

This looks like a great week end for visitors. If these guys look around the room and see the quality of players they could be team mates with, they should all commit. A QB, LB, OL, RB,TE,  man KiffIn has a wide spectrum of players on campus this week end.
Back to the top

Coming soon!

Back to the top

Anything actually real yet with Kiffin 10 year extension.  I'm sure opposition is feeding all our recruits about all the undotted I's and uncrossed T's of that contract where it stands now.  
Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

Anything actually real yet with Kiffin 10 year extension.  I'm sure opposition is feeding all our recruits about all the undotted I's and uncrossed T's of that contract where it stands now.  
Posted On: Feb 4th 2018, 1:36 PM #376892

It's interesting that some thought the 5 year deal didn't mean anything but that a 10 year deal meant something.  The opposition is going to feed our recruits stuff no matter what.  That's what they do.  If some other school wants him and he wants them, he can sign a 50 year contract. Doesn't matter.  I will take one more year and then hope for another one, and repeat that hope every year. I will enjoy the ride for however long it lasts, hopefully for 10+ years.
Back to the top

+1.
Back to the top

Even if we're perhaps not doing heads and shoulders above the best C-USA and G5 teams with HS kids, under Kiffin we've done exceptionally well for a G5 team getting graduate transfers, JC, and guys that got kicked out of other programs. In fact, our 2018 team could have vital contributors from these guys.
Back to the top

"Even if we're perhaps not doing heads and shoulders above the best C-USA and G5 teams with HS kids"

This is concerning.  I hope we are struggling with HS kids because of bowl and CUSA championship timing.  

This was Kiffen's first full year, so along with getting the team turned around and other factors…recruiting HS wasn't his priority.

But it will be telling in year 2.  If he really plans on staying here awhile or at least leaving the program in a much better place than he found it (from a talent on the roster perspetive) we will see the HS recruitiing uptick in a big way.

HS recruiting takes time, energy, patience and relationship building.  I would like to see Kiffen and staff put some work into that this year.  This class does not align with the onfield success…

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: