Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU OC Briles to Houston

Rick said

Our system is what won us games this season…and it is Briles' system. Ultimately the speed and tenacity is what made us winners.

This is a hit no matter how you look at it…because we are very likely going to have to slow down now with a new OC wanting to use "their" system.

Just MHO though…
Posted On: Jan 6th 2018, 2:52 PM #376151

Yeah but lane told Chris low he was all in to keeping the Baylor system long term. Maybe he brings someone in familiar or who has been a part of the briles system. 

Sucks to lose him, but I am not awfully worried when the HC is Lane. I’d be much more worried if Lane was a defensive genius. 
Back to the top

I will bet a dollar that we get a new OC that has connections to a team that runs a similar O. Man, in years past I would be freaking over this. I kind of anticipated this due to Briles' salary. But I am somehow confident he will be replaced and we won't miss a beat.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Yeah but lane told Chris low he was all in to keeping the Baylor system long term. Maybe he brings someone in familiar or who has been a part of the briles system. 
Posted On: Jan 6th 2018, 2:58 PM #376152

I hear Art is available…

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

Now that's funny !!
Back to the top

I wonder if Lane picked up enough to just use the system anyway? I know it's famously not written down and there are hand gestures but if our players know them, we can still use it.

It's just that, after seeing this offense work, I really don't want to play offense any other way. It's fast, fun and effective… why would you want to change?
Back to the top

FAU was paying Briles $350K. Rumor was he didn't think he was getting paid enough. According to FootballScoop he's going to get $400K at Houston.

He jumped ship for 50K? Really?

He must really like Texas more than Boca. I thought he would hold out for a lot more than that.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

FAU was paying Briles $350K. Rumor was he didn't think he was getting paid enough. According to FootballScoop he's going to get $400K at Houston.

He must really like Texas more than Boca. I thought he would hold out for a lot more than that.
Posted On: Jan 6th 2018, 4:09 PM #376160

That's disappointing, if true. I guess his heart is in Texas.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Owl2Doc said

Posted On: Jan 6th 2018, 4:09 PM #376160

That's disappointing, if true. I guess his heart is in Texas.
Posted On: Jan 6th 2018, 4:41 PM #376161

He went to Houston.
Back to the top

This could cause Kiffin much frustration. He brings in great coaches but can’t hang on to them because FAU can’t compete financially. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Kendall has a lot of family in the area, and Art Briles was the head coach of Houston for like 4 years before going to Baylor, so KB is pretty well known there, and knows the area and university pretty well. The move makes sense from that standpoint, although I hate that we lost him.
Back to the top
Control functions: