Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chun to be named AD at Washington State

Chun to be named AD at Washington State

Let's see who President Kelly can bring in.  
Back to the top

Probably somebody better that actually likes the student body. 
Back to the top

Here is a link to a story on this;

Sources: Wash. State to hire FAU's Chun as AD

Good luck to ya Mr. Chun, I do appreciate what you have done

but……

C'mon Dr. Kelly get ya a real good one!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Here is a link to a story on this;

Sources: Wash. State to hire FAU's Chun as AD

Good luck to ya Mr. Chun, I do appreciate what you have done

but……

C'mon Dr. Kelly get ya a real good one!
Posted On: Jan 16th 2018, 8:12 PM #376379

What's he really done?  He fired Pelini from two Hersey sources who were having an affair together.  Then he hired Curry and Partridge (dud & dud) then didn't want to hire Kiffin.  He's a stiff, I know FAU is a stepping stone for most but this guy wanted out the day after he got hired. Dr. Kelly deserves all the credit as far as I'm concerned.
Back to the top

I’m not upset at all about this. I always felt like he was trying to find another job as soon as he got here. 
Back to the top

Chun was just meh.
Did not bring much energy or anything out of the box when it comes to getting donors fans.

He did not want to be here.

Also, any time I have ever interacted with him he was nice but was just meh I could never see him being able to generate excitement
Back to the top

In terms of what he did for us, I would imagine he'd put on his resume that he improved the academic profile of the athletes, he hired Kiffin (we know it was Kelly's choice) and he oversaw the donation and construction of new tennis courts (who knows) and the upcoming athletic center (which, again, was Kelly's).

I am looking forward to the change. I believe Kelly will find the right person.

And I feel a little bad for WSU but who knows, maybe he'll work out better there than he did here.
Back to the top

I never interacted with him, but it doesn’t surprise me. What little enthusiasm he showed never seemed very sincere and if hiring Kiffin is his only success then I don’t know how easy that will be to replicate. Seems like an odd hire by Wash St to be honest. 
Back to the top

Just go find the next Danny White.
Back to the top

This is a minor speed hump to FAU. Chun did the job but had zero personality. AD should be 75% professional  25% salesman. Never made a decision that propelled FAU significantly forward. Wish him luck. Thank God Kelly came along when he did. We would still be stuck with up and coming coaches.
Back to the top
Control functions: