Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Football Returning Running Back Core

Since this topic was getting some attention in the recruiting forum, though it would be good to throw up this list of returners at running back for a quick view…

Devin Singletary 301 ATT 1920 YDS 6.4 YPC
Kerrith Whyte 55 ATT 347 YDS 6.3 YPC
Gerald Hearns 11 ATT 67 YDS 6.1 YPC
Tyrek Tisdale 7 ATT 30 YDS 4.3 YPC
Daniel Laconte 0 ATT
James Charles 0 ATT
Back to the top

Rick said

Since this topic was getting some attention in the recruiting forum, though it would be good to throw up this list of returners at running back for a quick view…

Devin Singletary 301 ATT 1920 YDS 6.4 YPC
Kerrith Whyte 55 ATT 347 YDS 6.3 YPC
Gerald Hearns 11 ATT 67 YDS 6.1 YPC
Tyrek Tisdale 7 ATT 30 YDS 4.3 YPC
Daniel Laconte 0 ATT
James Charles 0 ATT
Posted On: Jan 24th 2018, 9:39 AM #376625

Correct me if I’m wrong but I am pretty sure Charles was a scholarship casualty in the fall last year when we had the influx of transfers
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Correct me if I’m wrong but I am pretty sure Charles was a scholarship casualty in the fall last year when we had the influx of transfers
Posted On: Jan 24th 2018, 10:07 AM #376628

He was still listed on the roster, so I included him… 
Back to the top

Whyte really impressed me this year. I think Tisdale is also a guy to really pay attention to. We didn't see him much this year, but he has all the tools to be a dominant back in this league.
Back to the top

I agree on Whyte - thought he got better as the year went on.  He is definitely not the change-of-pace guy to Motor like Buddy was, but I think we can do some good things with him in the passing game for big plays out of the backfield.  We also use Wright (and can use other WRs) with the jet sweep, shovel passes, and quick slants that are basically running plays.  I expect Motor to get 300+ carries (around 25/game), and of course pray that he stays healthy all year - he seems to have the knack for not taking a lot of punishment in the way he runs.

A big, bruiser, "get me 2 yards" guy would always be a welcome option.  But I like what we have in the stable right now with the 5 or 6 guys in the list and I really like the (hopeful) addition of Malcolm "Duke" Davidson - had he not been injured as a Senior I think he would have gotten some much bigger offers.
Back to the top

Welp this thread certainly takes a different direction after today! 
Back to the top

What an amazing day for our running back core. I was ecstatic just to get Malcolm Davidson. Now we have BJ Emmons too. I'd been worried about our running back depth behind Motor as it would be nice to give Whyte some competition. Now I can see our running game being impossible to stop.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

What an amazing day for our running back core. I was ecstatic just to get Malcolm Davidson. Now we have BJ Emmons too. I'd been worried about our running back depth behind Motor as it would be nice to give Whyte some competition. Now I can see our running game being impossible to stop.
Posted On: Feb 7th 2018, 8:54 PM #377049

It’s not the backs that make our running game so dynamic.  Don’t get me wrong, Devin is awesome.  But it comes down to scheme and OL.

Both are ? For this fall.  Looks promising but you won’t know how the line will gel and what impact losing Briles will have.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

It sounds like Kevin Smith is going to have to work on ball safety with Emmons.

But yeah, looks like we're set at runningback for now.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

It sounds like Kevin Smith is going to have to work on ball safety with Emmons.

But yeah, looks like we're set at runningback for now.
Posted On: Feb 7th 2018, 10:18 PM #377053

I wonder how many fumbles happened on things like a QB exchange.

Back to the top
Control functions: