Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Lyman High DE Deon Woods Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

Deon Woods
DE
6-0, 215 lbs
Longwood, FL
Lyman HS

Lyman DE Deon Woods makes commitment to FAU - Orlando Sentinel

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

This runs of the same cloth as last year's story from the Orlando Sentinel on a commit who never had an offer.

Back to the top

I noticed that FIU got a commitment from a DE from Atlantic HS today. That is one local school that we have never been able to tap into. They have produced more D-1 talent then just about any PBC HS, and we swing and miss every year. (Lets not talk about Chandlar Ferguson ) Don't know why. The AD is a long time local guy. Good guy. We just don't seem to have a relationship with them.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I noticed that FIU got a commitment from a DE from Atlantic HS today. That is one local school that we have never been able to tap into. They have produced more D-1 talent then just about any PBC HS, and we swing and miss every year. (Lets not talk about Chandlar Ferguson ) Don't know why. The AD is a long time local guy. Good guy. We just don't seem to have a relationship with them.
Posted On: Jan 25th 2018, 4:44 PM #376669

I am going to hit you with some reality and tell you none of that matters.

The thing that matters with recruitment is the relationship with the player and coach and what the 17 year old thinks is cool at the time.

Remeber Partridge's relationship with STA's George Smith?
Well, he got like one kid from and do not believe that kid is on the team anymore.

Is South Florida kids are all handled by handlers 7on7 coaches. High schools coaches are never at school for more than a couple years at most places.

In regards to Atlantic High they until this year were mostly the first round and out playoff team and has not produced much 2-3 talent. They have had a few top kids who we obviously we have no shot at.

Also, we are recruiting Cadaruis Gaskins right now.
Back to the top

Update, this is legit…very surprised we passed on Connor Parks for him, but he's on board and has a valid offer.
Back to the top

Let me hit you back. Do you recall Chad Ward. Do you recall the coach saying FAU is no longer welcome. We were and maybe are kind of black balled from there. And OC, I'll let you in on a secret, I have a bit of knowledge on this particular subject. True , the kids can do what they want. But they are also advised by quite a few people that they trust. You say "none of that matters", wrong.
Back to the top

Rick said

Update, this is legit…very surprised we passed on Connor Parks for him, but he's on board and has a valid offer.
Posted On: Jan 25th 2018, 7:32 PM #376671

From what I've read we had Parks but he decommitted due to too many players coming into the backfield. To say this kid is under the radar would be an understatement. Not on any recruiting sites that I could see. A "diamond in the rough" as we used to love to say in the 'old days' lol.
Back to the top

d-owl said

From what I've read we had Parks but he decommitted due to too many players coming into the backfield…
Posted On: Jan 25th 2018, 8:03 PM #376673

He didn't have a valid offer anymore…ah, the fast paced world of recruiting  :Big-Grin:

Back to the top

I feel like Conor Parks stock is dropping.

Kent State it seems to be the only school left with a legit offer.

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I feel like Conor Parks stock is dropping.

Kent State it seems to be the only school left with a legit offer.

Posted On: Jan 25th 2018, 8:11 PM #376675

Grades maybe?

Also, he did add a LOT of weight up top in the last year, but the legs stayed thin…
Back to the top
Control functions: