Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU vs Rice - January 27, 2018

Add topic

owlcountry40 said

ESPN has so much power the entire playoff system is just a made for TV exhibition games that is decided by people who are only associated with P5 schools.

UCF is a nice story, but ESPN does not want them in that game it does not fill the pockets.

It's like our country which is just designed for the very rich to only get richer.
Posted On: Jan 28th 2018, 12:34 PM #376739

I agree up to the last sentence, yes there is disparity that needs to be addressed but this country has brought more people out of poverty than any country in history and that is a fact not hyperbole.

I don’t want to get political but couldn’t let that one go by unchallenged.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

owlcountry40 said

ESPN has so much power the entire playoff system is just a made for TV exhibition games that is decided by people who are only associated with P5 schools.

UCF is a nice story, but ESPN does not want them in that game it does not fill the pockets.

It's like our country which is just designed for the very rich to only get richer.

I agree up to the last sentence, yes there is a disparity that needs to be addressed but this country has brought more people out of poverty than any country in history and that is a fact not hyperbole.

Posted On: Jan 28th 2018, 2:17 PM #376742

Yea well go all you want because 84 percent of US stocks are owned by the top 10 percent.

82 percent of the world wealth created went to one percent.

That's why I laugh at our used car salesmen president using it as a measuring stick.
But hey I guess if a company throws someone 1,000 bucks they are good.

We are getting crumbs thrown at us and thanking our masters.

Back to the top

Go ahead Dusky. I got your back. Hahahahaha.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jan 28th 2018, 2:47 PM #376744

Thanks, he’s not worth my time.  This isn’t a political forum I just couldn’t let the first go.

GO USA!  GO OWLS!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Yeah a lot of the P5 mystique is media generated there is nothing worth bragging about beating a low level B1G or Big12 school. As far as conferences go FAU has to improve across the board. I think academics are probably our weakest link. We have low admissions standards and  low graduation rates. We need more/better PHd programs and hope that we can build up the research around the medical school/scrips/max plank affiliation. Once the school is more exclusive to get into I think students will have more pride in attending and that will eventually lead to more school spirit and fan support. 
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jan 28th 2018, 2:47 PM #376744

Thanks, he’s not worth my time.  This isn’t a political forum I just couldn’t let the first go.

GO USA!  GO OWLS!

Posted On: Jan 28th 2018, 3:32 PM #376745

Not worth my time.

GTFO.

Middle-aged baby boomers can never be wrong I guess.

I mean your generation has spent a few decades setting this country back and don't see it.
Why should I even consider what you have to say?

I have school both you and local on the forum 1000 times in regards to football I could in politics as well.
Back to the top

Dusky, smart move. I'm waiting for the Sunday commitment tweets to start.
Back to the top

Not a bad win for a football school!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

dusky256fc said

owlcountry40 said

I agree up to the last sentence, yes there is a disparity that needs to be addressed but this country has brought more people out of poverty than any country in history and that is a fact not hyperbole.

Yea well go all you want because 84 percent of US stocks are owned by the top 10 percent.

That's why I laugh at our used car salesmen president using it as a measuring stick.

Posted On: Jan 28th 2018, 2:31 PM #376743
Well, maybe if you moved out of you parents basement and actually applied yourself you could have all these riches that you say were given to us. Because hardworking, flag thumping and knowing what it takes to be an asset to society has nothing to do with it….Obviously….

MAGA all day everyday. And if you want to come to this country, you better be an asset to society or you can go back to the shitehole you came from….

God Bless America!

And Go Owls!
Back to the top

cbboarder said

owlcountry40 said

dusky256fc said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Jan 28th 2018, 2:31 PM #376743
Well, maybe if you moved out of you parents basement and actually applied yourself you could have all these riches that you say were given to us. Because hardworking, flag thumping and knowing what it takes to be an asset to society has nothing to do with it….Obviously….

MAGA all day everyday. And if you want to come to this country, you better be an asset to society or you can go back to the shitehole you came from….

God Bless America!

And Go Owls!
Posted On: Jan 28th 2018, 4:00 PM #376750
Geez…I just wanted to read posts about the basketball game…

I mean, there is an open forum if you want to waste your time trying to convince each other who's political opinion is right.

Spoiler alert…you won't change anyone's mind…
Back to the top
Control functions: