Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3* Roswell, GA QB Cordel Littlejohn Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

I don't know about the next Cam - I think Newton was probably bench-pressing 205 in the 1st grade!

That being said, at 6'4" he definitely looks to have the build to add another 30 to 40 pounds easily.  The trick is to do that and stay fast (or at least quick).  That area of GA plays some very good football, so I am going to expect this kid to be a good one.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I don't know about the next Cam - I think Newton was probably bench-pressing 205 in the 1st grade!

That being said, at 6'4" he definitely looks to have the build to add another 30 to 40 pounds easily.  The trick is to do that and stay fast (or at least quick).  That area of GA plays some very good football, so I am going to expect this kid to be a good one.
Posted On: Jan 29th 2018, 1:23 PM #376781

I know it was stated here and from what I understand, he did not put up the prolific numbers his senior year in GA compared to his junior year in NC (where he put up unreal numbers). So probably became a little more under the radar in terms of the big programs although the interest was there given the talent. I totally have faith in this staff to mold him into the beast he certainly can be.
Back to the top

A few things here
QB recruiting is very different because most schools try and lock up guys 8-12 months ahead and when one flips it causes a crazy chain. QB's for some reason tend to stick a bit more, but programs have a tendency to push them out based on how they play in their senior year. This really goes for any player because when a big school offers you 14 months before your signing day it really does not mean a nickel. School just do not want to be "late on a kid"

We saw this with Doug Johnson in this class who had a ton of SEC offers in the spring and they did not turn into visits as his senior year progressed.

Also like drafting QB's it's the hardest position to evaluate in sports, so this kid could be great or he could be Parr who knows.

Back to the top

Correct. Kind of like the NFL draft. The big board shows "best available". When someone makes a move that is not expected, it throws off the board. A domino effect takes place. I don't know much about Littlejohn, but physically,he looks pretty amazing. Now is when coaching takes over. I still would like to see a couple linemen on both sides of the ball . Still plenty of time .
Back to the top

A 6'4" quarterback who ran a 4.5? He's welcome. 😀
Back to the top

Well, we have one more weekend of visits. I wonder what's going on in the heads of the coaches. I love this time of year. Wrapping up football and starting baseball.
Back to the top

Last season we had to try and make a center. Now we have two. Junior Diaz will transfer as a grad student from Tulane where he started the last two seasons. There is so much behind the scene stuff that goes on. No wonder the recruiting info is so slow to come in. I love the fact that KiffIn is so tight lipped.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Last season we had to try and make a center. Now we have two. Junior Diaz will transfer as a grad student from Tulane where he started the last two seasons. There is so much behind the scene stuff that goes on. No wonder the recruiting info is so slow to come in. I love the fact that KiffIn is so tight lipped.
Posted On: Jan 30th 2018, 4:49 PM #376790
Kiffin is not tight-lipped per say.

Sadly it's no one really covers us.

The beat writers do an ok job, but none of them are working to get real inside information.

None of them break stories they just write when it's already put out there.

Good reporters get information and break stories and no one really makes to do that for us.

So if we were UM this transfer would have been reported a couple weeks ago.
Back to the top

It would be nice if we got more coverage. If we have the season I think we're capable of, we'll get all the coverage we want. What we're seeing with newspapers, especially the Palm Beach Post, is that there's a sense now that we're Palm Beach County's team, which we are. That's a big selling point for local recruits. We're just beginning, our program isn't even 20 years old. We are in a position to become the hometown team. Back to this get, this guy threw for 50 touchdowns his junior year and ran for 400 yards. At the very least, with his speed he could be a scout team qb this year. I wonder if they redshirt him. He could be groomed to be the starter once Robison leaves. And Robison could go pro in a couple years, it could be Littlejohn's team. We're the #1 G5 choice for every recruit at this point in time. It'd be nice to become the hometown team for the Post, which is writing a lot more articles about us than they used to. And that's an understatement.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

We're the #1 G5 choice for every recruit at this point in time.

I very much appreciate your enthusiasm, but I think you are getting a little delusional a little too quick  :)

Let's see this thing grow and see multiple bowl-seasons before we start crowning ourselves the best of the G5 when we are currently in one of the lower G5 leagues.  I love what Kiffin is doing, but everyday a program like FAU will need to prove itself if we want to start getting the top pick of all the G5 signees.  We appear to currently be on our way, but it is not a single season's trip to the top.
Back to the top
Control functions: