Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3* Roswell, GA QB Cordel Littlejohn Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

jgf2017 said

It would be nice if we got more coverage. If we have the season I think we're capable of, we'll get all the coverage we want. What we're seeing with newspapers, especially the Palm Beach Post, is that there's a sense now that we're Palm Beach County's team, which we are. That's a big selling point for local recruits. We're just beginning, our program isn't even 20 years old. We are in a position to become the hometown team. Back to this get, this guy threw for 50 touchdowns his junior year and ran for 400 yards. At the very least, with his speed he could be a scout team qb this year. I wonder if they redshirt him. He could be groomed to be the starter once Robison leaves. And Robison could go pro in a couple years, it could be Littlejohn's team. We're the #1 G5 choice for every recruit at this point in time. It'd be nice to become the hometown team for the Post, which is writing a lot more articles about us than they used to. And that's an understatement.
Posted On: Jan 31st 2018, 11:38 AM #376792

You are crazy.

UCF, Houston, USF Boise, SDSU, ECU even Fresno just to name a few are all way ahead of us at this point.

Our facilities are trash outside of the stadium and we "broke ground' on something a year ago and nothing has happened.

We do not have the fan support, facilities, or major wins that any of those programs have.

Also never forget how quickly G5 cab be on top and fall of the face of earth IE WMU and WKU.

Again recruits care about relationships with coaches, who is cool and in some cases who pays them.

Not one kid cares how much press we get in the PBP they are not 75.
Back to the top

I'll reiterate what I said was right now we're everyone's first G5 choice after it doesn't work out with major programs. And I think we are, or very close. Our recruiting class is amazing already. Among others we have a stud WR who flipped to us from MSU, a great C who got big time offers out of HS and Littlejohn who it didn't work out with Kansas. Apparently at the very least we're on everyone's radar who doesn't get the P5 offer they want. If we're not at the top we're only behind USF, UCF, and maybe Boise or Memphis.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I'll reiterate what I said was right now we're everyone's first G5 choice after it doesn't work out with major programs. And I think we are, or very close. Our recruiting class is amazing already. Among others we have a stud WR who flipped to us from MSU, a great C who got big time offers out of HS and Littlejohn who it didn't work out with Kansas. Apparently at the very least we're on everyone's radar who doesn't get the P5 offer they want. If we're not at the top we're only behind USF, UCF, and maybe Boise or Memphis.
Posted On: Jan 31st 2018, 2:50 PM #376795
I will reiterate no we are not.

That WR did not have an MSU offer when he flipped.
Their coach left and the new staff was like nah.

Getting kids who are pushed out by P5 teams at the end are still good players, but do not kid yourself and think these kids have a legit commitable offer and said "yea I am playing G5 ball"

Also getting pushed out by Illinois is not a good sign they are a dumpster fire.

Throwing for all those yards at a school in NC is a lot different than playing power schools in GA and the fall in production when playing better competition obviously made the P5 schools stay away.

I do not want to be negative Nancy as the player we are getting at our level is great, but I also understand we are not close to what you think we are.
Back to the top

@jgf2017….UCF is being advertised as "Orlando's Home Team" on Orlando radio. As for paper coverage, I was speaking with a neighbor, a writer for PBP, he told me the big shots with the paper are not concerned with covering the local news or sports. They are concerned with selling subscriptions and adds. He said they have more viewership from UM, UF, FSU alumn. Remember, it is a business.
Back to the top

Success can come and go. Sure some of those teams like WKU are here one day gone the next. But they were dominant in our conference once upon a time. You can't erase history. It's like since we've been down for so long it's that unfathomable to understand that right now we're at the top of the G5 as far as getting recruits, up there with or slightly behind the best G5 schools. Who are these G5 teams that are such a hot destination instead of us besides Boise St., UCF, USF? I'm talking about right now. Right now there's barely a handful of G5 teams that are above us for recruiting the South. And if a lot of that has to do with Kiffin, who cares what the reason is. We're building something special for a long time, but there's no reason not to enjoy the moment. Since we're so far down in the pecking order, there must be C-USA teams with more to offer, right? How far is this going to go? And I'd love to hear names of 15-20 G5 schools that players are just loving to hear from more than Kiffin. Face it, we're one of the biggest G5 names right now, is that also not true?
Back to the top

No doubt FAU is hot. A lot of my friends up north are texting me about FAU football. A friend of mine in Vegas is always asking questions. Folks near my land in Georgia . most of whom never heard of FAU, now know about the Owls. I agree that while we are hot, we need to use it to our advantage  and enjoy the ride.
Back to the top

Agree with most of this, but disagree that we have in 1 season become the G5 destination spot.  That will take a couple of years of sustained success recruiting and on-the-field wins, and if we are honest - a move up to something like the AAC.  We are in great shape and doing well, and those things ***can*** happen.  I am just saying they didn't already happen.  We should ride the train and enjoy it, but we still have a long way to go.  The next few years we have "measuring stick" games with UCF and USF that will help us understand where we are more than any P5 games.  Start winning those and staying at the top of the conference then our program (and not the coach) will be where we all want it to be.
Back to the top

Let's be realistic. We're not the biggest G5 name; Kiffin is one of the most talked-about coaches. Go 11-3 with Charlie Partridge and his red pants, we're a nice little story to cover on Underdog Dynasty. What's putting us in the national spotlight is Kiffin and his colorful history, his tweets, and the way he trolls Nick Saban. He gets away with it because he's a great coach and won a bunch of games. But without him, we're not the talking point that are currently. ESPN called us "The Fighting Lane Kiffins." Our entire identity right now is Kiffin, and once he leaves, we damn well better have a good coach coming in behind him, or else we're headed right back to our perennial number 5 spot on the ESPN Bottom 10 ranking. We're nowhere near the same level as Boise, UCF, USF, Memphis, UNLV, Fresno, NMSU, or any other program that regularly pops up on the top 25 rankings, and could, at any time, win their conference. Honestly, we still don't have reputation that comes with long term stability like Marshall, WKU, etc.

Right now we could just be a flash in the pan that ends when Kiffin goes to the PAC 12 with his entire staff.
Back to the top

I find it amazing that, agree or disagree ,TON is having this kind of conversation about FAU football. Kiffin was worth the price.
Back to the top

Any info on weekend visitors?
Back to the top
Control functions: