Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Football Signing Day Thread

Add topic

Still waiting for the first faxes to come through, but it shouldn't be long for (Orlando) Jones HS DL Jaylen Joyner. We will also soon learn if FAU was able to keep (Kissimmee) Osceola HS RB Malcolm Davidson and steal Lakeland HS OL, and former Liberty commit, Dacoda Weaver.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Signee numero uno is in!

Palm Beach Lakes ATH Teja Young recommitted from Colorado State just a day after visiting FAU.

Back to the top

Rick said

My two cents is composite score average…it's a quality benchmark over the total points metric which is biased towards overall number.

I'd agree that if you are only trying to focus on one metric, the composite average would be the best at showing that the caliber of player you are bringing in is considered better.  But we all know recruiting can't really be all about a single metric - if you sucked and you needed lots of help on say the offensive line and you signed 8 lineman, or you have all your skill players as Seniors and you brought in future replacements at each of those positions, or….

It is all about what you need and how the guys you are bringing in are ***perceived*** to fit those needs.  Every school will spin the story to say they had a great signing day no matter what.  FAU has a few holes that we appear to be plugging with transfers, so the bulk of the kids we sign today should be about depth and to steal a line from the NFL draft we are probably targeting the "best available" kid on the board.
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Another flip possibility we are keeping an eye on is Kavosiey Smoke, 3* RB from Wetumpka, AL. He has FAU in his top three with Kentucky and North Carolina.

My two cents: he will be Lexington, KY bound.
Posted On: Feb 7th 2018, 8:55 AM #376974

Smoke has an FAU hat on the table. FINGERS CROSSED!

Back to the top

No dice on Smoke, who signs with Kentucky.

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Posted On: Feb 7th 2018, 9:43 AM #376984

No surprise – but nice we were right there for him. There is another "notable" JUCO RB who I think may be in the fold, especially with Smoke off the table.
Back to the top

FAU also misses out on Travis Glover, a 2* OL who while stay in his home state to play for Georgia State.

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Really wanted that guy…

:Straight-Face:
Back to the top

d-owl said

Jack D Whidden III said

No surprise – but nice we were right there for him. There is another "notable" JUCO RB who I think may be in the fold, especially with Smoke off the table.
Posted On: Feb 7th 2018, 9:46 AM #376985

For those that are unaware, d-owl is referring to former Alabama RB B.J. Emmons. FAU is fighting off Louisville and ECU for his talents.

Back to the top

Before you guys freak out on here. Atlantic WR Corey Gammage out of Atlantic just committed to Marshall the former UF commit.

Use common sense because a former UF commit is not going to Marshall unless they are pretty much the only school that can accept them and a ham sandwich could be accepted to Marshall.
Back to the top
Control functions: