Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

De'Andre Johnson cleared to play

Signing Day 2018: Tulane center Junior Diaz transferring to FAU Owls | FAU Focus

Also Kaden Frost has committed to FAU…looking at his video I dont see long bombs but lots of nice zippy short mid range passing bullets. 
Back to the top

voss749 said

Also Kaden Frost has committed to FAU…looking at his video I dont see long bombs but lots of nice zippy short mid range passing bullets. 
Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 2:02 PM #376942

PWO, non scholarship.
Back to the top

Very nice add - Kaden reminds me A LOT of another No. 16!!!! By the way, just a tid-bit but there were only 2 UNDEFEATED QB's in America last year, a Mr. Milton (14-0) of UCF and a Mr. Driskel (10-0!) of FAU!!!!
Back to the top

Great news for De'Andre! Main this is to be healthy for the rest of your life! But this is like new a recruit addition too as he was unable to play last year! Did he get to medical red shirt - I would sure think so!!!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Very nice add - Kaden reminds me A LOT of another No. 16!!!! By the way, just a tid-bit but there were only 2 UNDEFEATED QB's in America last year, a Mr. Milton (14-0) of UCF and a Mr. Driskel (10-0!) of FAU!!!!
Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 3:03 PM #376944

Driskel started the UB game…..
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 4:04 PM #376949

Ugh – I remember this board re: JD during and after that game lol. Very glad to have eaten crow after that game.
Back to the top

d-owl said

owlcountry40 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Ugh – I remember this board re: JD during and after that game lol. Very glad to have eaten crow after that game.
Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 4:23 PM #376951
Yea, that game was a head scratcher for not only us fans but obviously our HC.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

d-owl said

owlcountry40 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 4:23 PM #376951
Yea, that game was a head scratcher for not only us fans but obviously our HC.
Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 4:24 PM #376953

I have very little doubt that if we had played that team in the middle to end of last season once the offense and defense really started clicking we would have blown them out of the water, possibly Akron Zip style (Akron beat them I believe).
Back to the top

I love that Johnson is being cleared - more for the sign that he is healthy, but selfishly because I want depth at the QB position with multiple quality options pushing each other in practice.  Many teams are 1 snap/injury away from turning a promising season into a nightmare, so depth is near invaluable (at all positions but particularly QB).

Does anybody know the status regarding the redshirt mentioned in previous posts?  He started at FSU, then went JUCO, and then was on the roster here.  Redshirt or not I ***think*** the rules still say you have 5 years from when the clock starts to play a maximum of 4.  So on top of the 2017 redshirt question, did his clock "start" at FSU???
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Oops, you are right, my bad. well- 10-1 is PRETTY DARN GOOD TOO!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: