Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Missouri Deputy AD Brian White Expected to be new FAU Athletic Director

Back to the top

Sounds like Brian White is the choice.  His father and brother certainly have excelled in the AD role.  Hopefully he will as well.

I didn’t think we’d hire a new AD before a new defensive coordinator, but here we are!
Back to the top

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

GIFY
Posted On: Mar 1st 2018, 7:18 PM #377480

?

Great hire if he is anything like his brother he does accept ''yea we are G5'' attitude.

He is well connected and he worked at La Tech so he knows the landscape.

Back to the top

Interestingly, White has been one of the names that came to mind previously when the time came for Chun’s replacement. Maybe this could help FAU get a vote it may not otherwise have had when the time comes for AAC expansion..if both White’s were still ADs of course?
Back to the top

It's offiicial…

Florida Atlantic University’s rapid rise to an elite national athletic program will continue under the leadership of Brian White, who was hired today as FAU’s vice president and director of athletics. White, who has signed a five-year contract, brings an extensive background in collegiate sports administration to a program growing in stature and prominence.

White, the Owls’ sixth full-time athletic director, will be formerly introduced at a press conference on FAU’s Boca Raton campus on a date to be determined.   

An experienced administrator and proven fundraiser, White joins FAU from the University of Missouri, where he was named senior associate athletics director in 2015 before becoming deputy athletics director for external relations in 2016. He also served as Missouri’s sport administrator for football and men’s basketball.

“I challenged our coaches and our entire athletics department to create top 25 programs capable of competing at the highest level,” said FAU President John Kelly. “Everyone involved has risen to the challenge and, in bringing Brian White to FAU, we will continue on our exciting journey under his skilled leadership.”  

White replaces Pat Chun, who departed FAU in January for the same role at Washington State University. Brian Battle, serving as FAU’s interim director of athletics since January, returns to his role as senior associate director of athletics for internal operations.  

“The moment this opportunity arose I knew immediately I wanted to join the team at Florida Atlantic University,” White said. “From the vision and ambition of the president and the board of trustees to the huge potential of all the school’s athletic programs, these are exciting times to be at FAU.”  

At Missouri, White oversaw all external units, including development, marketing, ticket sales, strategic communications, Mizzou Sports Properties, and the Mizzou Network. He managed the university’s relationship with Learfield Sports, which also partners with FAU to protect and maximize FAU’s brand awareness and royalty revenues.  

White led fundraising efforts that set the single-year Missouri athletics department records of more than $50 million (more than doubling the previous record) and 11 seven-figure gifts. In addition, the department secured the necessary donations that allowed the Board of Curators, which oversees the University of Missouri system, to approve a funding model for a $100 million expansion of Memorial Stadium set to be completed before the 2019 football season.  

In leading the athletic department’s external teams, White implemented a strategic marketing and ticket sales approach that increased the men’s basketball season ticket revenue by 57 percent and sold out Mizzou Arena’s season ticket offerings for the first time in school history. He was also instrumental in the March 2017 hiring of men’s basketball coach Cuonzo Martin, who has quickly turned around the Tigers program with a 19-11 record entering the final weekend of the regular season.  

White’s family is highly-respected in collegiate athletics. His father, Kevin, is Duke University’s vice president and director of athletics; his oldest brother, Mike, is the head men’s basketball coach at the University of Florida; and brother, Danny, is vice president and director of athletics at the University of Central Florida.   

With a wide-ranging understanding of the college sports landscape, White arrives at FAU intent on building upon the athletic program’s recent success, both on and off the field.
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

GIFY
Posted On: Mar 1st 2018, 7:18 PM #377480

What is your issue withe White?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I think this is a great hire. Chun was very average and president Kelly has gained a lot of creditability with me. I am 100% in with this hire.  
Back to the top

What his brother did at UCF with 2017 national champs things and running with it the type of in your face out box thinking we need.
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: