Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Class of 2019 Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

He likely didn't want to get into that kind of battle…At Indiana, he is going to be the man unless someone unseats him.
Back to the top

That was my point back before I was told the QB situation at FAU was not crowded. From an outsider, it looks crowded. I'm way more interested in getting Riles enrolled and on the field. In my non professional opinion, he will fill a much bigger need than a QB.
Back to the top

Agreed on both counts, adding depth anywhere is good but I am not surprised as the Indy job is to lose, our guys are WAY better than Indy's returners! The OL IS a much bigger need!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Agreed on both counts, adding depth anywhere is good but I am not surprised as the Indy job is to lose, our guys are WAY better than Indy's returners! The OL IS a much bigger need!
Posted On: Apr 11th 2018, 6:20 PM #378005

You have 0.0 idea how good our guys are. And that doesn’t even factor their issues.
Yea they are going highly talented recruits, but again De’Andre is back until he isn’t. I remember bosh came back for 1/3 of season with the Heat and hasn’t come back since then. And Robinson has never played a snap at this level and has off the field issues.  Lane wa Ted this Dawkins kid on Saturday he was on the field and president Kelly was talking to him. 
We also have some spaces available I’m sure Lane will nab talent in other positions if needed and available. 
Also remember every Tom, Dick and Harry is looking for OL, DL and QB’s this time of year. Not many schools have enough of those guys.
Back to the top

Guys - relax (re: Dawkins). With the offensive system we expect to have in place, either of our current guys should thrive.
Back to the top

@d-owl…I totally agree. I may be a fool, but I am not worried about our QB status. Every QB  has "that day" when they start their first game. We'll be fine. We have never had two more talented QB's fighting for the #1 spot.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

owlmart said

I don't think the QB position is crowded, I'd welcome one more 4*.
Posted On: Apr 6th 2018, 10:37 PM #377957
Per Twitter, he chose Indiana.
Posted On: Apr 11th 2018, 6:35 AM #378000
Re: Brad Dawkins who we were looking at in the Spring that chose IU. Just left the program only a few days before their first game against FIU. Apparently lost the starting job and bounced. We probably dodged a bullet.
Back to the top

Nebraska had not one but 2 QB's bail on them after the QB starter was named leaving them ONLY the TRUE Freshman as the ONLY scholly QB on the entire roster!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Nebraska had not one but 2 QB's bail on them after the QB starter was named leaving them ONLY the TRUE Freshman as the ONLY scholly QB on the entire roster!
Posted On: Aug 28th 2018, 12:06 PM #379737
Wowsers! Regarding IU, wonder of Tronti may have reconsidered transferring if he knew Dawkins was going to leave? May not have made a difference, but interesting nonetheless.
Back to the top

IMHO the stream of QB's transferring because they were beat out for the slot shows true weakness and lack of leadership that probably is why they did not start! Just wait til the "new" transfer rules really take effect - it will be free agency for all in the future - how do you plan to build a roster or recruit with that circus that will come!
Back to the top
Control functions: