Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Vegas Computer Predicts FAU Victory at Oklahoma

Vegas Computer Predicts FAU Victory at Oklahoma
Back to the top

WOW!!!! Don't swallow the poison Owls!!!
Back to the top

This is pretty significant considering the line was, 22.5 points last week and this is a major players model… 
Back to the top

Can we just take the win. Do we still have to play? Got e mail from FAU today about away game tickets. Nice to see. I need to figure out how many to get for UCF and FIU
Back to the top

I wish I had some confidence in that prediction. It just seems too far out of the status quo.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

ESPN has a new story slightly different from the others;

College football Vegas win totals overrated underrated

Is this just ESPN undercurtting CBS and FOX story lines for the Owls???
Back to the top

Vegas was way off last season…4.5 wins.

I'm not on board with 9 right now, but would go 7 with a bad break and 8 with a good season. 9 would be an excellent season with a positive break.

Oh and I need to dig up that QB quote I made a couple weeks ago, because it is looking more and more like that is going to happen.

Think Jake Elman ran something about it the other day…
Back to the top

Winning a conference is hard enough - repeating is worse. While I think we should be contending for the conference title again, assuming improvement in the skill positions, and possible at quarterback and defense, I really think the bare minimum should be bowl eligibility.

I think Butch is going to be a lot better this year, and Marshall should definitely be improved. With the added pressure and an improving conference, I'm not shocked at all if we don't even contend for the conference championship.
Back to the top

Vegas with 9 wins would still seem like a very good year - QB play will probably be the deciding factor if we can get there (or better).  If teams can stack the box to stop Motor we better be able to stretch the field with some kind of passing attack.

But as a still very new FAU fan, the honest question is will people be upset with ONLY a 8 or 9 win season?  Seems like everybody last year would have thought that was an incredible showing, and I hope nobody thinks conference titles and double-digit wins are now easy or normal off of one glorious season.  As one of the articles linked above says, I expect away games at Marshall (very good defense) and North Texas (they have to be circling the game) to be extremely tough tests.  And we know we are underdogs with OU and UCF on the road.
Back to the top

8-4 or 9-3 will be good seasons to me. Marshall "may" be better if the QB transfer from Wagner is good. But he only played 2 games last year for them due to injuries! FIU lost a ton (ALL top players on O, most on D) and has NO QB - gonna drop back and WKU lost everything. Lost 8 starters on O , 9 on D AND PK & P!

ODU will be tougher and MTSU, ya just don't know but I think we broke that jinx! Charlotte still Charlotte. N. Texas still no D from spring game results and La Tech is ok.
Back to the top
Control functions: