Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Traveling to the Oklahoma Game!!

teambeer said

I was told Bricktown is the cool bar area now downtown if you’re looking where to start. 
Posted On: Jun 23rd 2018, 7:54 AM #378924

When I was there the place was just getting started and was a couple blocks at most…they have a man made canal and the water is like aqua blue/green  :Big-Grin:

Now the area is HUGE…there are some staple places that have been there for a long time…one I can offer for anyone wanting to get some real deal Mexican food while in Bricktown is Chelinos…

Charleston's is good for american fair…they also have one in Norman.

Just remember, Oklahoman's don't do tea sweet…so if you ask for sweet tea, it's going to be about 1/4 the sweetness of the tea here!
Back to the top

Can't go myself, just suffered a forced early retirement at 62 so the budget is super tight but….

Here is some more summer reading, this about THIS game;

Oklahoma Football: Tom Herman’s Texas, FAU’s Lane Kiffin could pull off 2018 upsets - Crimson And Cream Machine

We are at No. 6 on the list. To everyone that is going, cheer and scream for me!!!!
Back to the top

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Check THIS summer reading out;

University of Oklahoma facing $1 billion debt, inadequate operating cash

OUCH!!!!!
Posted On: Jun 26th 2018, 3:43 PM #378957

they'll pay that off with their mega million TV deals… nothing to worry about.
Back to the top

I just bought my tickets and hotel for the UCF game. Can't wait for the season to start!
Back to the top

I'm at the Double Tree.Haven't bought  tickets yet. I'll do that Monday.
Back to the top

For those making the trip. What are everyones plans?

Back to the top

Got my tix a few weeks back. Staying in the Embassy Suites a few miles away.

All of us alums should tailgate together before the game.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Got my tix a few weeks back. Staying in the Embassy Suites a few miles away.

All of us alums should tailgate together before the game.
Posted On: Aug 1st 2018, 10:57 AM #379223

That sounds like a good plan! Not sure where the tailgating spots are, or if its more of a bar scene before games like it was in Madison last year before that game.

Back to the top

For those not booked yet I really recommend staying in OKC. Particularly the Bricktown area. But drive early to the game and don't expect to get out of town easily after the game. Norman is not set up for the traffic at all.
Campus Corner (On Boyd) just north of the stadium is where almost all the pregame activity occurs. Tail gates are scattered but there are some between the stadium and Campus Corner and if you want to experience pregame activity this is where I'd be. Other Sooners can chime in of course. I live in Phoenix and only make about 1 game a year in Norman and don't tail gate so my knowledge isn't as extensive as many others.
I usually hang around Campus Corner after games to let the worst of the traffic clear out.
Back to the top
Control functions: