Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Quarterback Situation

Any one in a leadership role  , from The God Father to Donald Trump, has an advantage if you keep certain info to themselves. ("Never let anyone outside the family know what your thinking") I'm certain that Lane and Charlie know who is starting. It's just no bodies business yet. They want everyone wondering.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

While not the same as his time at Alabama (or what the Sooners can do with their roster full of 4*** and 5*** players), the one thing it seems Lane has done at FAU is build some talent and depth and grow the team through outright competition.  Prove you deserve to play in order to get on the field.  So it won't surprise me who takes the field next Saturday (including Peavy).

Posted On: Aug 23rd 2018, 10:15 PM #379625

This is a very good point and proves what a difference good coaching can make.  Kiffin came from schools with top ranked talent and transitioned to getting the most from what he has.  We will never be a school loaded with 4 and 5 star guys but coaching can make the difference. Life of a G5 school.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

My guess is he'll announce the night before the game, and he already knows exactly who is going to start. I honestly think 2 of them (Robison and Johnson) will get snaps, although can't say who the starter will be.  I don't think there is any way Robison doesn't at least get a few snaps against his original school even if he doesn't start. I kind of get the "mystery" against certain schools; but against OU, I honestly don't see much of a point in keeping it a secret this late. The OU defense won't drastically change because one or the other starts.

Of course Peavey is the wild card, but I think given their time in the program it will be DeAndre or Chris.
Back to the top

Depending on game flow, I'm sort of expecting to see Peavey out there some also.
Back to the top

With some of the extravagant (and brilliant because they worked) calls later on last season, I could see more than one on the field at the same time!!!  Sorry - that should be in the "predictions" thread 😀

But the point is I can see Kiffin pulling out lots of calls in order to 1) make something happen against OU and 2) make our future opponents have to plan for the unexpected.  So I would definitely expect to see 2 if not all 3 get some playing time - especially if the competition is really this close.
Back to the top

Quite a lot of our BIG passing plays last year were NOT QB throws!
Back to the top

Getting a feeling Robison will be the starter.
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

Getting a feeling Robison will be the starter.
Posted On: Aug 28th 2018, 8:59 PM #379748

There's certainly chatter out there pointing in that direction.  We'll see.
Back to the top

I hope you're right. Robison's earned it, by running the scout team amazingly well last year and winning the spring game with the backups. He has so much potential and would love him to be our QB for the next 3-4 years. There's so much at stake this year. I just can't see going with De'Andre as a realistic proposition given that he was out last year with an incredibly serious injury.
Back to the top

I fully expect to see at least two qbs play. I feel like even if Robison is the starter Johnson could find himself in the Franklin role this year at the very least.
Back to the top
Control functions: