Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Some fun off-season reading.

If I were to wager, I would take the under on 4. I think our D, especially out backs, will keep it under. I know I'm a homer. But I have tons of confidence in our backs and the ability of the front to pressure the QB and make him move.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

If I were to wager, I would take the under on 4. I think our D, especially out backs, will keep it under. I know I'm a homer. But I have tons of confidence in our backs and the ability of the front to pressure the QB and make him move.
Posted On: Jul 9th 2018, 7:24 PM #379044

I agree with ya personally, we have 10 returning starters on our D and quite possibly a better DC than last year - he likes to disrupt even more than Chris K did!
Back to the top

teambeer said

We have some holes, OL and QB are VERY important but they conveniently forgetten they have an entirely new coaching staff.

For every Scott Frost there’s a Charlie Partridge…
Posted On: Jul 8th 2018, 7:55 PM #379038

Yep, I am cautiously optomistic.  

I think most are drastically underestimating how well Driskell fit in our offense last year.  That along with a seasoned and healthy offensive line and Motor staying healthy…we were fortunate.

I am going to have to see one of our new QB's play a full game and show me he is capable before I start calling for shoot outs.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Local Owl said

I agree with ya personally, we have 10 returning starters on our D and quite possibly a better DC than last year - he likes to disrupt even more than Chris K did!
Posted On: Jul 9th 2018, 7:32 PM #379045

Yep and my guess is we are going to have to rely heavily on that defense the first quarter of the season.  I will be awfully suprised if our offense is clicking anywhere near where we were at the end of last season through the first 3-4 games.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jul 9th 2018, 7:32 PM #379045

Yep and my guess is we are going to have to rely heavily on that defense the first quarter of the season.  I will be awfully suprised if our offense is clicking anywhere near where we were at the end of last season through the first 3-4 games.
Posted On: Jul 9th 2018, 9:50 PM #379047

Agree 100%. Thing is when we get into conference play, if we start to gel, talentwise – if the O line holds up – we should overpower everyone. We have legit P5 talent all over. We all know about the running game, but our receiving corp ON PAPER can be downright scary in C USA. I trust Lane to figure it out by then, just like he did last year. We will see though.
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: