Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

OU Watch Party?

We could have a decent crowd but I think it needs to blasted out on social media as well.
Back to the top

I’m sure if you really work on getting people you will get some, but let’s also remember a lot of a lot watch parties are in cities where you might have to seek out other fans. Also we are lucky enough where FAU games are pretty easy to get on tv now, so it’s not like back in the day where the owls fans had to pack into one bar to see there team. Now I will be able to walk downstairs in my building and it will probably be the main game at the bar.
Back to the top

Sitting in my den, by myself, watching om my 72 inch is an option. Sitting in a bar with five games on and nobody watching the FAU game is an option. Just thought it would be cool to start doing something as a group. I guess we are not there yet. We are in Boca and we are seeking out fans. Not too many.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Sitting in my den, by myself, watching om my 72 inch is an option. Sitting in a bar with five games on and nobody watching the FAU game is an option. Just thought it would be cool to start doing something as a group. I guess we are not there yet. We are in Boca and we are seeking out fans. Not too many.

Posted On: Aug 6th 2018, 8:19 PM #379272
I mean you have only asked people in this forum.
Back to the top

We need someone that is more social media savy to get this going. When I was your age we called each other on the land lines and we had some huge parties. I'm not the guy for the job.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

We need someone that is more social media savy to get this going. When I was your age we called each other on the land lines and we had some huge parties. I'm not the guy for the job.
Posted On: Aug 6th 2018, 8:51 PM #379274

It's coming, just ironing out the social media kinks.  We need to get an idea of a head count (outside of Facebook), and that's something I'm currently setting up.  Talked with someone on the way home from work today who gave me some pointers and new sites to use.

Never thought I'd use the phrase "Need to sit down and write a Tweet" but…I need to sit down and write the Tweet.
Back to the top

And I agree - it would be fun to start doing things as a group.  

This year is gonna rock - don't miss a moment!
Back to the top

Just a FYI Looks like Biergarten made an event page for the official watch party for OK on facebook for those looking for something.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Just a FYI Looks like Biergarten made an event page for the official watch party for OK on facebook for those looking for something.
Posted On: Aug 7th 2018, 8:34 AM #379278

Good, load up lots of places Owl fans, 200-300 here, 200-300 there….
Back to the top

Tweet went out this morning.

FAU fans not storming Norman? Don't get down cause you're stuck in town - come Hoot N Holler with friends at (venue) when the Owls upset the #5 ranked Sooners.  More details at FAU @ Oklahoma Watch Party Tickets, Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 12:00 PM | Eventbrite for the #TiltedTakeOver

Was retweeted by someone who has 2,200 followers. We'll go from there.

Hate to split the efforts up but had checked around and hadn't found anything.
Back to the top
Control functions: