Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions FAU @ Oklahoma

jgf2017 said

How about, let's see your prediction for Iowa State game last year, you got it? 
Posted On: Aug 26th 2018, 5:35 PM #379688

Yep, I got it.  Let's see your prediction of the Navy and Buffalo games last year , you got em'?   :Big-Grin:

Back to the top

There isn't a more uneducated prediction than the first game of the year. It really is a guess or hope or gut feeling. I think FAU's defense will surprise the country. Keep us in the game. But I think OU will win by less than 14. OU won't score 40. They will be low to mid 30's. That is my guess and hope.
Back to the top

Right now, my prediction is just that FAU will cover. First game of the season – both teams starting new QBs and I'm sure both will be figuring things out. My guess is the OU O will wear down the Owls D, but I do think Lane will have the team as prepared as can be and it will be a fun, interesting game where we do some things well, but just won't overcome the talent discrepancy. I do not think this will be a 21 point blow out. My guess is it will be OU somewhere in the high teens when all is said and done, but I think we make it interesting along the way as our offense should be able to put some points on their D.

I hope everyone has their expectations in check for this game. Obviously I want the huge upset, but no matter what happens – even if it gets ugly  or we don't resemble the team that ended on a 10 game winning streak last year – we should be fine as conference play draws near and we have our QB situation established. 
Back to the top

Totally agree about all the questions, and nobody has any answers until Saturday.  What I saw in the "week 0" games this weekend is that most likely both teams will make plenty of mistakes.  The way that FAU could stay in the game is limiting those and taking advantage if/when OU has them.

I think until the Owls prove somebody other than Motor can beat them, the Sooners will have 2 guys tackling him on every play (even if he doesn't have the ball).  I can see a Wisconsin-ish kind of game where FAU shows some good things, but ultimately can never get ahead and wear down against a very good run game.  I think the offense can be better, and the D is going to be special against G5 teams.  But OU is not a G5 or CUSA team.  If FAU - Wisconsin was 31-14 I can see this being more like a 35 or 38-21 type game UNLESS the Owls win the TO battle handily and/or score some special teams TDs.
Back to the top

Question we can have answered during the week: does Vegas move the line?

They've held the spread at 21, though I did see one site move to 20.5 last week.

I would think the line moves a little closer if Kiffin names a QB - like stock brokers, too much uncertainty right now but can quickly change.
Back to the top

But that "uncertainty" keeps OU from being able to prepare for the QB position so that is a good thing for us.
Back to the top

Anyone know the name of the hotel where the Alumni group will be staying? We will be in town for the game and would like to swing by Friday and say hello! Also, is there a gathering planned outside of the hotel Friday night?

Looking forward to a Great Game! Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Not saying we win - they are a top 10 program - just hoping for no injuries!
Back to the top

I trust the defense will keep it close in the 1st half. We cover the spread.
31-17 Sooners.

However, I will need some help in case we win this game. How should I react?

Take the high road: Remain humble, Say very little, and move on.

OR

Go Low: be petty, trash talk, and rub it in all the naysayers' faces.
Back to the top

High road, don't be like U fans!
Back to the top
Control functions: