Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions FAU @ Oklahoma

jgf2017 said

FAU gets off to a great start and gets off to a big lead. OU comes back late but FAU holds on 42-34.
Posted On: Aug 25th 2018, 8:51 PM #379675

You may end up right, but I'd be shocked if FAU scores 40+ on OU, in Norman. I think you all are going to be shocked at the increase in OU's talent on defense this year. All those injuries(3-4) at LB are back this year. jmo

it seems we have similar predictions on score, just different winners.
Back to the top

There's no excuse for the way OU has played defense these last several years, considering they're a good football program. But, as someone who is impartial as to the goings on of the OU football program, I certainly don't envy ANYTHING they've done since 2001. Let's assume that OU deserves respect for their 2000 NC. What have they done since? They've gotten murdered in 3 straight NC games. There's 2 ways you could look at it. One is by saying OU got unlucky and could've won a NC or 2 these last 15 years. The other way is to admit that OU is not even close to the same level as the Alabama's, Clemson's, Ohio State's of the world. 42-34 FAU
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

There's no excuse for the way OU has played defense these last several years, considering they're a good football program. But, as someone who is impartial as to the goings on of the OU football program, I certainly don't envy ANYTHING they've done since 2001. Let's assume that OU deserves respect for their 2000 NC. What have they done since? They've gotten murdered in 3 straight NC games. There's 2 ways you could look at it. One is by saying OU got unlucky and could've won a NC or 2 these last 15 years. The other way is to admit that OU is not even close to the same level as the Alabama's, Clemson's, Ohio State's of the world. 42-34 FAU
Posted On: Aug 29th 2018, 6:00 PM #379776

Dude your homer level is just off the charts. They are in NY6 bowl game every year. Last I checked it’s impressive to play in a Nat’l chamionship game. Last I check you know what’s not impressive? Going 3-9 3 straight years and losing 52-3 on homecome to WKU. 

Like cmon
Back to the top

I can’t even with this guy. 

As someone who has been to far too many bodybag beatings in his life, Maybe this abusive relationship has gotten to me.

I’m hoping we stay healthy and play well enough to have some respect when I get to the office Tuesday. 

Start talking ish when we’ve beaten someone bigger than a 1-11 Minnesota team. Until then, know your role. 

Back to the top

+1
Back to the top

We're receiving serious votes in the polls. I don't see how it makes sense to keep acting like we're a terrible program that can't compete with good football programs. We're 30th in the AP Poll out of like 140 teams. And we have a REALLY good chance of finishing in the top 25. I'm sorry, I don't understand how we're not a big time football program right now. Why do you compare the Lane Kiffin era to prior eras? They might as well not even exist. So what, we had growing pains becoming a big time program. That's in the past. I don't even understand why Owl fans would even dwell on those games we played years ago.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I don't even understand why Owl fans would even dwell on those games we played years ago.
Posted On: Aug 29th 2018, 8:37 PM #379781

Johnny, you ever been in a Turkish prison?
Back to the top

You know when your coach tells you to give the ball back to the referee, hug your linemen, then sprint back to the sideline after you score a touchdown?  As in - pretend you've been there before?

Well we ain't never been here or there before.

This is the first time in my recollection that all the pieces have come together for FAU to beat a respectable P5 in their stadium.

Crow all you want, but be ready for that walk of shame if we lose.
Back to the top

Do you like Roman Gladiator movies ?
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

We're receiving serious votes in the polls. I don't see how it makes sense to keep acting like we're a terrible program that can't compete with good football programs. We're 30th in the AP Poll out of like 140 teams. And we have a REALLY good chance of finishing in the top 25. I'm sorry, I don't understand how we're not a big time football program right now. Why do you compare the Lane Kiffin era to prior eras? They might as well not even exist. So what, we had growing pains becoming a big time program. That's in the past. I don't even understand why Owl fans would even dwell on those games we played years ago.
Posted On: Aug 29th 2018, 8:37 PM #379781

It’s more about how your disregarding the national championship game appearances like it’s no big deal 
Back to the top
Control functions: