Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions FAU @ Oklahoma

My favorite part of this all:

FAU Players: Get me on that plane now - I want to show the world what we can do

OU Players: Please don't lose

It is all about mental perspective and strength!
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

There's no excuse for the way OU has played defense these last several years, considering they're a good football program. But, as someone who is impartial as to the goings on of the OU football program, I certainly don't envy ANYTHING they've done since 2001. Let's assume that OU deserves respect for their 2000 NC. What have they done since? They've gotten murdered in 3 straight NC games. There's 2 ways you could look at it. One is by saying OU got unlucky and could've won a NC or 2 these last 15 years. The other way is to admit that OU is not even close to the same level as the Alabama's, Clemson's, Ohio State's of the world. 42-34 FAU
Posted On: Aug 29th 2018, 6:00 PM #379776

I think OU fans would agree with you that we've wanted more. Having been in 2-3 NC games since 2000 and not winning has been rough. But losing to LSU 21-14 with a dropped pass(wide open) to tie it up in the end…I don't think that's a blow out. USC…I refuse to acknowledge that one as you are definitely right on that one. vs Florida, OU was on the goal line twice and failed to convert TDs. 24-14…2TDs left on the field. Again, you can say they crushed us I guess, but with Demarco Murray out that did hurt OU in that game.

But since 2008, it seems like OU has struggled. Our recruiting dipped etc. I think Stoops' coaching acumen is the only thing that kept us going to big games. However, now our recruiting the last 2 years has been top 5-10 type classes. Which when OU gets classes like that, they tend to start doing very well. We'll see this year if they start paying off.

But even OU fans are losing patience with Mike Stoops. Pushing Brent Venables out was a big mistake.
Back to the top

::HOLDS FOUR FINGERS IN THE AIR ALONGSIDE COACH WILSON::
Back to the top

I'm having a blast, with it being so close to kickoff. But whatever happens, it doesn't matter in the end as long as we have a great season. The biggest part is drawing attention to FAU. OU fans seem to be ok compared to the rest of the country, especially some Florida schools, admittedly. And of course OU has had success since 2008. To me a big time program is one that is in the top 25. So I don't necessarily mean we're Alabama, but we're just about a top 25 program now. For instance, Boise St., UCF, USF are big time programs relatively speaking. Personally, I think we can surpass all of them eventually, but that's about where we're at right now. Having got that out of the way, I just can't see our offense being stopped by anyone this year. This isn't a dig at OU. So 40 is what we should expect to score. What OU scores to me is the tougher question.
Back to the top

This isn't going to be popular, but according to this simulated model, betting that OU covers the spread is the best bet on the board:

College football odds, picks, lines for Week 1: Advanced computer model loving Arizona, Oklahoma

They also say take the over, which means they probably expect OU to put up around 50 points if they easily cover the spread (maybe 48-24'ish).  Don't yell at me - I am on record projecting FAU will cover and acquit themselves nicely.  But watching some of the OU videos it appears they are very serious about this game (maybe even a little pi$$ed at all the attention the Owls are getting).  So I am a little more nervous the closer the game gets.
Back to the top

We better be ready to play a TEAM O - like posted on here before, OU will have 1 if not 2 spies on Motor - at least top start the game until we show a TEAM O!

And the D better TACKLE, these guys are bigger, faster and stronger than CUSA foes are!

Play smart and quick and get the heck out of Norman healthy Owls!
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

We're receiving serious votes in the polls. I don't see how it makes sense to keep acting like we're a terrible program that can't compete with good football programs. We're 30th in the AP Poll out of like 140 teams. And we have a REALLY good chance of finishing in the top 25. I'm sorry, I don't understand how we're not a big time football program right now. Why do you compare the Lane Kiffin era to prior eras? They might as well not even exist. So what, we had growing pains becoming a big time program. That's in the past. I don't even understand why Owl fans would even dwell on those games we played years ago.
Posted On: Aug 29th 2018, 8:37 PM #379781

Dude it's not that we're comparing FAU in 2019 to FAU in 2013, but you're putting us on the same level as Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, and other perennial national championship contenders, and we've had like one good season in the last decade. We're just not there. It's insanity to say we're a big time program because we've got a good coach and one good season. You're setting yourself up for massive disappointment, and you're missing the fun of us just taking the next step to being a winning program and going to a bowl game every year. Yes, we're the second sexiest G5 school right now after Boise, but that's not the same as being Alabama, Clemson, Michigan, etc.

OR - you're the ultimate troll and we're all just biting and you're having a great time showing your buddies at FIU what all the FAU fans are saying.
Back to the top

I'm confident in our team this year. By the way, SM, are you taking a liking to FAU. Maybe we could be your second team and you stick around after Saturday. Ok, I've had enough predictions. Now it's a waiting game.
Back to the top

I don't normally hang around simply because if OU wins the fanbases tend to not like me talking about the game. Kind of feel like rubbing salt in the wounds. So I usually disappear. But I'll hang out. Not sure how much I can contribute to the discussions as I really know very little about FAU. That said, I have a slot in Florida to adopt a team. :) I usually cheer on Tulsa in G5, just because they're the local team. But if there is room on the bandwagon, I may jump on. At least to follow you all for a year.
Back to the top

SoonerManiac said

I don't normally hang around simply because if OU wins the fanbases tend to not like me talking about the game. Kind of feel like rubbing salt in the wounds. So I usually disappear. But I'll hang out. Not sure how much I can contribute to the discussions as I really know very little about FAU. That said, I have a slot in Florida to adopt a team. :) I usually cheer on Tulsa in G5, just because they're the local team. But if there is room on the bandwagon, I may jump on. At least to follow you all for a year.
Posted On: Aug 30th 2018, 5:02 PM #379811

Jump on the wagon, we will even make sure the seat is Red.  :cool:
Back to the top
Control functions: