Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

I want to thank you Owls for your hospitality

I appreciate you Owl fans for letting me come over here and post for the last seven or eight days.  I have enjoyed reading your posts etc.

For the record, on one of favorite message boards has a contest picking teams that will cover the thread.  I picked FAU to cover a 24 point spread.  I only say this as this was a first game of the season and OU has a habit of starting off really slow.  Obviously, that wasn't the case today.   Your Owls were just out-manned today.  I know you are all disappointed … I've been there on many occasions.

I hope your teams picks up the pieces and puts another really good team together.  You don't have a long history of FBS football.  It takes time to build up the talent and depth.  You have some assets in that you are in Florida and the SE so you have lots of talent in your area to recruit.

I also think that Lane Kiffin is a really good coach.  Rebuilding or building a team is tough to do and it will take a few more years for Lane to get the kind of talent he needs to compete with schools in the Power 5 conferences.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for allowing me on your board.  And, good luck in the future.
Back to the top

Class post!

Thanks for coming by and sharing your thoughts, wish you guys a successful remainder of the season…Hoping you take on Alabama in the NCG and whoop their arse  :cool:

After today, it is clear you have a shot to get there.
Back to the top

Thanks to you Sooner guys for posting and being classy all the time. Sorry our guys did not give ya a game at all!
Back to the top

I’m thinking and hoping we watched a playoff if not a National Championship team today.

Good luck OU, wish we could have made it more entertaining.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I have this board bookmarked.  I really hope you all have lots of success.  As I said, I think Lane is a good coach.

Best of luck the rest of the season.  
Back to the top

And most of us hope you run the table and wax every team in sight. Well done yesterday
Back to the top

Thanks for being a great visitor!  It was fun having someone from the opposing team come here and talk x's, o's, Jimmy's and Joe's with.

And like others have said, now go out and knock off Alabama!
Back to the top

Good Day to all at the OWL's Nest, like I said on twitter it was a pleasure to see all the FAU fans I saw in Norman. You're players played with nothing but class on the field and sucks a couple of times our players got a UC for still playing after the Whistle. That being said, I wish you guys good luck on the rest of the Season and I will be following the Owls til season end.

Further more I really loved the scene post game when Robison and Lincoln met at the 50 and had a moment. I really feel that is what College Football is about. Shaping young Men to become better than they once were through a Team Sport.

Boomer Sooner and GO OWLS!

Tattoo Baker  :Smug:

My Post on Twitter:

Back to the top

I would be interested in any Owl fans that went on their perspective of the experience they had.
Back to the top

Game aside…we had a tremendous time in Norman. Never met a nicer more welcoming fan base. So inviting from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. We even met a group of Boomers that insisted on taking us out to dinner Saturday night. We were invited into at least 10 different tailgates and had countless beverages purchased for us throughout the weekend. We really enjoyed the time we spent in Norman and strive to bring some of your overwhelming hospitality back to south Florida! Look forward to following your squad for the rest of the season and watching you run the table!!

Thanks again Norman, OK and Boomers!! You Rock!!
Back to the top
Control functions: