Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 9-8-18

Add topic

FINAL:

North Texas 58  Incarnate Word 16

Despite a 25-40, 418 YDS, 4 TD display by Mean Green QB Mason Fine, if Chris Robison is not named C-USA OPOTW, all hell should break loose.
Back to the top

Conference USA may very well be terrible this year. The UAB score probably is the most concerning 
Back to the top

FINAL:

FIU 28  Old Dominion 20
Back to the top

FINAL:

UNLV 52  UTEP 24
Back to the top

FINAL:

Hawai'i 43  Rice 29
Back to the top

Ouch, does CUSA suck or what? We just need to get sharper in the run game vs. BCU and STAY HEALTHY, our only competition in the East this year is Marshall and they do not really impress so far. Miami (OH) and E. Ky so far!

But if our level teams want to try and put 9 in the box, watch out for more Air Show!
Back to the top

Sunbelt conference won every CUSA matchup this week. Sunbelt conference is doing well. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Rick said

FINAL:

North Texas 58  Incarnate Word 16

Despite a 25-40, 418 YDS, 4 TD display by Mean Green QB Mason Fine, if Chris Robison is not named C-USA OPOTW, all hell should break loose.
Posted On: Sep 8th 2018, 11:17 PM #380488
Agreed, but Fine is the "star" qb of the conference, he will probably get it just because imo, even though they played something called Incarnate Word. Hope I'm wrong.
Back to the top

Through 2 weeks, Appalachian State from the Sun Belt would probably be the prohibitive favorites to win C-USA right now.  Air Force had way less speed and athleticism than FAU yesterday, but the Owls still almost gave the game away.  FAU needs to clean some things up (special teams right now are shall we say "less-than-special"), but the realistic goals of a division championship, spot in the championship game, and a bowl are all still very attainable.  Good or bad, the relative awfulness of C-USA should be a good thing for FAU's record.

As for POTW, at some point the pure statistics coupled with the competition played ***should*** give the easy nod to Robison.  And I don't know where their stats fit, but both #7s for the Owls should be getting a bunch of love, too.  Durante is showing why he was a P5 guy, and I thought Rashad Smith played incredible - a couple of times he just went inside out and blew up some of the AF runs to the outside.
Back to the top

Incarnate Word (sorry Smitty) and Air Force -enough said about the level of opposition the QB's faced!
Back to the top
Control functions: