Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Next up: Bethune Cookman

For those who want to look ahead...

Next weekend we have BCU as our final tune-up before UCF.

Last year we won 45-0. Fun game.

While we on 33-27 today, BCU won 79-16 vs Virginia University of Lynchburg - they actually shortened the 4th quarter to 8 minutes!

Not to say that in an intimidating way like we need to be worried, just thought that was interesting.
Back to the top

I was very curious and had to look up Virginia University of Lynchburg.
According to wikipedia:
enrollment of 205  
They are not NCAA. They compete in the National Christian College Association

This game might be compared to the Edward Waters game back in what ever year that was. Except Edward Water was actually an extra game. It wasn't in the regular FAU season schedule. It was done as a favor by Schnellenberger because Edward Waters was having problems filling their schedule. FAU didn't win anywhere near that margin though. That was the game the whole first team was suspended until further notice.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

The Bethune game last year came at a very good time to get guys mentally helthy by way of a blowout win.  I hope the same is true this coming weekend, as we need to figure out how to run-block and to get Motor revving heading into the conference schedule in a couple of weeks.

Yesterday was a win, and of course Robison looked great throwing it and the line looked good pass blocking.  But the Owls will see much more speed and athleticism from the top teams in C-USA (if there really are any good teams in the league), and no doubt the UCF game is "worrisome" after the first two performances.

FAU needs to do what they are supposed to do and get up early and big in this game.
Back to the top

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we won't have a blocked punt in the BCU game and we'll call that progress, which it might be, or maybe BCU just doesn't have the horses to do that.

But we'll see.

Before the Air Force game I thought this would be the game to show us where we're at - much like how if FAU basketball is close or loses to Lynn in the opening stretch, it's probably going to be a bad season.

Fortunately the Air Force game answered some of the questions we had in Week 1.

I'm hopeful for a similar score as last year.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we won't have a blocked punt in the BCU game and we'll call that progress, which it might be, or maybe BCU just doesn't have the horses to do that.

But we'll see.

Before the Air Force game I thought this would be the game to show us where we're at - much like how if FAU basketball is close or loses to Lynn in the opening stretch, it's probably going to be a bad season.

Fortunately the Air Force game answered some of the questions we had in Week 1.

I'm hopeful for a similar score as last year.
Posted On: Sep 9th 2018, 10:00 AM #380549

No disrespect to AF, but we were clearly the more talented team and our offense should have put up more than 33.  I can give the pass defense a break as Jalen was out and obviously did not put much prep into it.
Back to the top

It'll be a good tune up for UCF. We really have a difficult schedule – nobody in the conference it seems has 3 legit tough out of conference opponents in their first 4 games. Hopefully they can recapture some of the "domination swagger" from the mid to end of last year with a good blow out victory with Motor running wild again.
Back to the top

Virginia U - Lynchburg. Only 85 undergraduates. Seems as though half of the undergrad enrollment is on the football team. I don't think that was a "real" game for BCC.

Anyhow, I am looking for a good showing from FAU. Keep gaining momentum and stay healthy for UCF. Those are my hopes.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

STAY HEALTY - SIT JALEN!!! And get Motor his 100 and a big lead and SIT HIM! And for most of the starters I hope actually. RUN IT UP AND REST!
Back to the top

I think Azeez and Jalen need to be given next week off. Another win against BCU isn’t going to make or break their careers at FAU. Let some back ups get work in. I wouldn’t  even let Motor play more than he has too. 

UCF will probably be very well rested for week 4 because it looks like the hurricane is going to keep them home next week.

Back to the top

THAT and NC JUST PLAIN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: