Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Next up: Bethune Cookman

Motor should play to help him with some stats and nothing more.  As soon as he gets 100 yards and at least 1 TD (his streak of TDs is still alive) pull him - but he deserves some stat-padding after how hard he has had to work in the first 2 games.  I don't know anything about BC, but I totally agree that I would sit Azeez and Jalen unless there is concern from the staff about either rust/reps or BC's offense.  My hope is the concern would be about the former and not the latter.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Motor should play to help him with some stats and nothing more.  As soon as he gets 100 yards and at least 1 TD (his streak of TDs is still alive) pull him - but he deserves some stat-padding after how hard he has had to work in the first 2 games.
If we get our run game going like we did last year I can't see them pulling him with less than 3-4 touchdowns. I think Kiffin will try to run this score up.

We need to keep our wits about us because as this weekend showed, a lot of "sure things" didn't work out, or barely worked out (See FSU/Samford).
Back to the top

FSU has Taggart, to me, enough said,. Great recruiter, bad coach! WE beat him badly at WKU AND at USF when we were bad!!

We beat AF because we were better, FSU beat Samford but Samford WAS BETER but ran out of steam, FCS less scholly's than FBS!!
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

owlsdad said

Motor should play to help him with some stats and nothing more.  As soon as he gets 100 yards and at least 1 TD (his streak of TDs is still alive) pull him - but he deserves some stat-padding after how hard he has had to work in the first 2 games.
If we get our run game going like we did last year I can't see them pulling him with less than 3-4 touchdowns. I think Kiffin will try to run this score up.

We need to keep our wits about us because as this weekend showed, a lot of "sure things" didn't work out, or barely worked out (See FSU/Samford).
Posted On: Sep 9th 2018, 12:34 PM #380568
It is disconcerting though that when one of our players like Singletary is keyed and can be shut down. I went to the Michigan State game in 2008. It poured the entire game so the passing game was minimal for both teams. Javon Ringer, the MSU tail back, still racked up 282 yards and averaged 6.6 y/carry even though he was being keyed. MSU total yards was 347. So 65 yards from everyone else.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I too was at that game. NEVER seen a game continue in those conditions. Ringer single handedly beat us. We were a different FAU team back then. I said it earlier, I'm afraid our new line hasn't been coached well enough to get the run game going. I hope I'm wrong.Sorry. Just a huge Coach Justice fan. We will see him coaching a big time school before too long. And we let him get away due to attitudes.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I too was at that game. NEVER seen a game continue in those conditions. Ringer single handedly beat us. We were a different FAU team back then. I said it earlier, I'm afraid our new line hasn't been coached well enough to get the run game going. I hope I'm wrong.Sorry. Just a huge Coach Justice fan. We will see him coaching a big time school before too long. And we let him get away due to attitudes.
Posted On: Sep 9th 2018, 4:24 PM #380574

Yeah, the OL is a concern right now for the run game. The running stats are ugly right now. We don't have any real viable second RB option right now either. To do what we did last year, this has to be corrected.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Local Owl said

Yeah, the OL is a concern right now for the run game. The running stats are ugly right now. We don't have any real viable second RB option right now either. To do what we did last year, this has to be corrected.
Posted On: Sep 9th 2018, 5:28 PM #380581

Don’t forget we didn’t run the ball well the first 2 games last year against navy and Wisconsin. I think it’s to early to worry about the running game
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

d-owl said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Sep 9th 2018, 5:28 PM #380581

Don’t forget we didn’t run the ball well the first 2 games last year against navy and Wisconsin. I think it’s to early to worry about the running game
Posted On: Sep 9th 2018, 6:14 PM #380582

Exactly

Justice left…you don’t let the new guy go because the old guy wants to come back.  Not exactly great for the moral  of the coaching staff.  Move forward, period.  Enough of this crap.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I agree you move forward with what you have, but in watching the line play very closely this past weekend we are getting no push and are not even trying to get downfield and to the second level.  These guys look like they are very good pass protectors, and I certainly know you can look much better as the season progesses.  But what I saw Saturday was an O that is geared for the pass or the jet sweep (about 3 of Robison's "completions" were the underhand toss variety to WRs coming through the back field that accounted for about 90-100 of his "passing" yards).  And we were not very good when it comes to needing to get 3 or 4 yards up the middle to sustain drives or get first downs in the redzone.

Maybe I am just an old school guy who played college football a million years ago, but eventually you need to establish your best player (Motor) and win games by imposing your will on the other team. But as that same old school guy, winning is more important than anything else.  So I'll take 8-10 more wins no matter how they come, and I think FAU is poised to easily contend for the division crown again.
Back to the top

@Dusky..I am 100% certain that Garrin was in communication with FAU prior to any hire. He could have been re-hired at the previous salary and moral would not have been affected. As a matter of fact, the moral of the returning players would have improved. Now that the facts are stated, we can move forward.
Back to the top
Control functions: