Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

OOC schedule is over, so how do you feel now?

The good news for us, is if he keeps it up this year, he'll be gone after this season! Young coach, smart, built a strong program there in Denton, he's a perfect fit for the next step.
Back to the top

Yeah.

OU fans were kind of shocked that Stoops left the program in the hands of Lincoln Riley. Why? Because there are guys like Littrell and Fuente(VaTech) who are OU alumns and doing well.

Don't get me wrong, I think OU fans are happy, just shocked them for a bit. Of course the whole leaving in June thing was shocking enough!
Back to the top

It would have probably been a mistake to try and bring somebody in new given the timing of when Stoops stepped down.  Alum or not - Riley was a hot name for Offense and he was already on campus.
Back to the top

Not disagreeing with you. That was a weird summer for OU fans. Being a mod on the scout.com board and now the 24/7 board, I can tell you there was a lot of confusion.

That said, knowing Riley could be at Oklahoma for a LONG time has to be somewhat disappointing for some of these young OU alums though that are now head coaches.

Then again, Darrell Royal was Texas's greatest coach and he's a former OU alum and now UT legend. So who knows.
Back to the top
Control functions: