Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions FAU @ MTSU

I have been pretty negative the past few weeks, but I think FAU will have a fairly easy victory on Saturday. Robison will have a nice rebound performance, but Motor has a big day 3 TD's, and 175+ yards. Defense wont play great, but will do enough for us to pull away in the 4th quarter. Maybe Kerrith Whyte returns one this week.

FAU wins 51-27
Back to the top

Havent seen enough from the team defensively to encourage me to think it wont be close. They will dink and dunk all game, and occasionally gut a lengthy run.

FAU 34  MTSU 30
Back to the top

Always a tough road game. Playing at night adds to the difficulty. The game will be tight early. FAU needs to rely on big plays and limiting turnovers in order to get it done. The defense needs to settle in and keep MTSU from getting any easy points. Not a dominant win, but a much needed win.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU 42

MTSU 30

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FAU 45   MTSU  24.  Our O will click and the D will play like they are capable. One , maybe two, interceptions.
Back to the top

MTSU away will not be as easy as we might have thought before the season, but I do believe this is a game where the team can come to realize they aren't playing Top 25 competition in C USA and can start dominating towards the end as they wear MTSU out with speed. My prediction is this will be the game to get them more on track to where we left off last year, and they pull away in the second half while gaining confidence going forward. I anticipate Stockstill will have his moments and that this will be a rather high scoring game. In the end our offensive fire power is too much for them to handle.

FAU - 43
MTSU - 31
Back to the top

FAU -49
MTSU - 42
Back to the top

FAU 26 MTSU 21

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Stockstill is exactly the type of QB that will give the defense I've seen play serious problems.

I hope I'm wrong, but this will be a tough game.  If our QB play doesn't match theirs…I think we lose

MTSU - 31
FAU - 27

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

MTSU is down  two starting safeties one DE, two RB’s the number 2 WR.

They have a three star Fr. QB. on the depth chart as back up WR.

They shouldn’t stop us.

Stockstill isn’t even the same universe Murray and Milton is.

52-17. Owls.
Back to the top

The Owls need to build on the running game we found again at UCF, and Robison needs to take what is given to him versus forcing so much (easier said than done).  Selfishly I would still like to see DJ get a shot every 4 or 5 series even if it is just for the JF3 type runs that everybody knows is coming.

I feel the return to CUSA play will allow FAU to be fielding overall the better athletes on the field, so teams that fully stack the box to try and stop Motor we can make pay with Durante and Wright (on passes and runs) and Bryant in the middle of the field.  It will also help that the defense will hopefully be able to better match-up with the guy in front of them.  I still see a back-and-forth affair.

FAU 42
MTSU 38
Back to the top
Control functions: