Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions FAU VS Old Dominion 2018

I do not know what to make of this game. If we play up to potential I can picture us winning by 3 TD's.

I have to think we will get a desperate effort from the team after last weeks loss.

FAU wins

35-24
Back to the top

Owls WIN, that's all I'm committed to at this point! 

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

No idea what to think. I would guess we will win, but I find it hard to believe they will dominate as they should given what I have seen thus far. Assuming no substantive changes (e.g., Chris starting, status quo etc), I can see it being close.

FAU - 37
ODU - 31

God help us if they somehow lose this game. However, ODU beat VTU so there is no doubt they have the ability to beat us.
Back to the top

I'm not worried. But I am concerned.
Back to the top

We need a 60 minute effort this game from everybody - players and coaches - it would be the first all year! And then from every game here on forward. Go Owls!
Back to the top

If not for the ODU suprise win over VaTech, I would say Owls roll. However, ODU has shown that they can do something that FAU can't and that is knock off a top 25 team. ODU comes in with confidence and FAU still has quite a bit to figure out on both offense and defense. The only upside for FAU is that 2 of the 3 losses came to top 20 teams. The MTSU loss is what leaves me questioning what FAU will do the remainder of the season.

Even with my doubts, I think FAU puts it together for a win at home.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU 41

ODU 30

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

The thing is we need to not panic over a 1 point loss on the road the team that DID go to bowl game last year.

I really hope this was the wake up call, that the players and Coaches see CUSA won't be easy and the reminder that now WE have the target on US!

We HAVE the talent we HAVE the Coaching, now wake up, mesh and go forward with MORE SUSTAINED EFFORT - KEEP THE PEDAL TO THE FLOOR ON O! We have had three (3) games now when we got decent to big leads and have, to me, quit. Or at minimum, gone soft, protecting the leads and not BUILDING the leads. I want to see the TEAM play aggressive ball on both sides of the ball for 60 minutes. So far we are lucky to get 30 minutes of solid play. 21-3 at the half last week at MTSU was the best we have done this year. 2nd half 3-22, no excuses for this at all, just bad, sloppy play.

Get if fixed Coaches and Go Owls!
Back to the top

Losing a game we should have won really hurts, especially to the Blue Raiders  :Crying2: .  It would have been hard to go undefeated in conference play again. The team ( Players & Coaches) need to suck it up a regroup.

We don't have the P5 coaching stall we had last year for what turned out to be a magical season.

Let see what this team is made of, can they bounce back from a tough lost.  We got caught with a upper-cut knock out blow, which is what happens when you lose focus for a split second.

This is when leaders rise and pull everyone together.  I think that will happen and maybe remind them they will have to work even harder if they want to repeat as conference champions.

Owls should win this one!

Back to the top

I don"t believe Robison starts this game.  If De'Andre does start I can see him seizing the moment.  Motor will have a great day which he needs yards wise.  if he can break off 200 yards and 3-4 tds I can see this being a productive game for him and the team.  He is our best player and if utilized correctly he can take us over the top. If we score over 50 points its a positive sign that we can still have explosive scoring, and if we squeak by with the win scoring 35 points  then We still need more work to do.  Our defense is porous and will give an average of 25-30 points a game, we need to outscore our opponents.  I like us to do well.

FAU-  45
ODU- 30
Back to the top

faufan300 said

I don"t believe Robison starts this game.  If De'Andre does start I can see him seizing the moment.  Motor will have a great day which he needs yards wise.  if he can break off 200 yards and 3-4 tds I can see this being a productive game for him and the team.  He is our best player and if utilized correctly he can take us over the top. If we score over 50 points its a positive sign that we can still have explosive scoring, and if we squeak by with the win scoring 35 points  then We still need more work to do.  Our defense is porous and will give an average of 25-30 points a game, we need to outscore our opponents.  I like us to do well.

FAU-  45
ODU- 30
Posted On: Oct 4th 2018, 10:57 AM #381642

I have a feeling we will most definitely see Robison as the starter. If he doesn't start quick I think he could get pulled quickly
Back to the top
Control functions: