Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ FIU - Shula Bowl XVII Game Thread - November 3, 2018

Add topic

Being it's rivalry week, I figured I'd bounce some jokes I penned off you all before they get tweeted.

"Going to a game at FIU is like flying first class.  No lines, plenty of leg room between people, and enough empty space to lay down".

"Gave my dad directions to FIU.  Told him to head west until he smelled it, then south until he stepped in it".

"My dad knew he was getting close to Miami when he cut off a driver and heard him yelling sunny beach, sunny beach".

"I like taking my wife to games at FIU.  Easy to get on the Kiss Cam along with the other 4 couples".

"Really hoping FIU wins this year.  Hard to sell Gameday on a rivalry when one team wins all the time."

"Shula Bowl? I bet Don sits at home this year with the lights off like my grandpa on Halloween."

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Those who do go should meet up. I know many people will not have their normal full tailgate crew as home games so us nesters should pack together.

Bring beer and take up grievances with OC40. :Big-Grin:
Posted On: Oct 29th 2018, 9:38 PM #382679

I may take you up on that.  Not taking my normal crew or rig, which stinks because I like my set up and like you wait all year for college football!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

You better go if you can. I know the season is disappointing, but I look forward to football season all year and I am not missing a chance to see us take on our rivals.

Those who do go should meet up. I know many people will not have their normal full tailgate crew as home games so us nesters should pack together.

Bring beer and take up grievances with OC40. :Big-Grin:
Posted On: Oct 29th 2018, 9:38 PM #382679

Great post OC! Your best ever, and he is right, support your Owls!
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

Being it's rivalry week, I figured I'd bounce some jokes I penned off you all before they get tweeted.

"Going to a game at FIU is like flying first class.  No lines, plenty of leg room between people, and enough empty space to lay down".

"Gave my dad directions to FIU.  Told him to head west until he smelled it, then south until he stepped in it".

"My dad knew he was getting close to Miami when he cut off a driver and heard him yelling sunny beach, sunny beach".

"I like taking my wife to games at FIU.  Easy to get on the Kiss Cam along with the other 4 couples".

"Really hoping FIU wins this year.  Hard to sell Gameday on a rivalry when one team wins all the time."

"Shula Bowl? I bet Don sits at home this year with the lights off like my grandpa on Halloween."

Posted On: Oct 29th 2018, 9:48 PM #382680

ALL good stuff! Thanks for the morning laughs! Needed that!
Back to the top

I know we WANT to win this game for several reasons but I'm struggling to find evidence why we could win this game considering that it's technically an away game vs a good FIU team and we're more or less a dumpster fire right now.

Because we always put a little extra effort into the Shula Bowl, despite the records? That's all I really got right now.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I know we WANT to win this game for several reasons but I'm struggling to find evidence why we could win this game considering that it's technically an away game vs a good FIU team and we're more or less a dumpster fire right now.

Because we always put a little extra effort into the Shula Bowl, despite the records? That's all I really got right now.
Posted On: Oct 30th 2018, 9:11 AM #382684

I understand your point 100%, but…

I dont care how bad we are right now.  I dont care what we have to do in order to win.  I dont care if we run a flea flicker or reverse pass every single play.  I dont care if we dont punt on a single 4th down even from our own 1.

Please for the love of god, find a way to beat that pathetic school.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

+3… we can only hope it will be that close.
Back to the top

I'm not expecting too many FIU fans to be there.

Canes have a home game at 7pm.
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

I'm not expecting too many FIU fans to be there.

Canes have a home game at 7pm.
Posted On: Oct 30th 2018, 8:54 PM #382699

WOW - IS THAT GREAT SCHEDULING BY THE CONFERENCE OR WHAT??? AND ALL CAPS INTENTIONAL THIS TIME - WHAT AN IDIOT CUSA SCHEDULE! :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Why do we not play our rival on rivalry weekend anymore (thanksgiving weekend?)

And if nothing else this season, I hope the players dig deep and they come up with something to stop the kitties, makes it even better if we can spoil their conference champ chances!!!

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: