Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football 2018 Bowl Projections

walty12 said

Why is there even a bowl game in Albuquerque in December?  

I’m serious, why?
Posted On: Nov 5th 2018, 9:07 AM #383013

Well there are 39 bowls you gotta stick them somewhere.

Also remember these things are 99 percent about TV. It's why they will stick FAU on New Mexico on a weekday.

What's the difference if we travel 2,000 to Tampa vs 100 to New Mexico?

Bowls games are perfect back drop TV action for when the family is over you and your weird brother in law both have some cash on the game no matter if it's two 0-12 teams playing a game in Antarctica.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I’m serious, why?

Better than the Pinstripe Bowl in NY in December!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

walty12 said

I’m serious, why?

Also remember these things are 99 percent about TV. It's why they will stick FAU on New Mexico on a weekday.

Bowls games are perfect back drop TV action for when the family is over you and your weird brother in law both have some cash on the game no matter if it's two 0-12 teams playing a game in Antarctica.
Posted On: Nov 5th 2018, 1:15 PM #383014

I saw it posted there were about 1000 Owls fans at FIU - on the videos it sounded like we owned the place! Were there like 500 FIU fans or something??? :Laughing:

Anyhow, great job making noise in that HS stadium Owl fans, first time winning there since 2009 - that surprised me!

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

walty12 said

I’m serious, why?

Better than the Pinstripe Bowl in NY in December!

Posted On: Nov 5th 2018, 1:19 PM #383015

Nah, I will take any excuse to be in NYC for a weekend.
Back to the top

Are we going bowling? I see one win and two questionable games left. We haven't played very good this season. Just sayin'.
Back to the top

That meltdown/debacle of a second half at MTSU becomes more haunting every single week.  At first it was what it did to our fragile aspirations to repeat as division champs.  Now snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in that game leaves NO room for a letdown.  It certainly feels like the Charlotte game is lining up to be the deciding factor - and this team (and coaching staff) could really use the extra practices that come along with a bowl appearance.
Back to the top

Charlotte isn’t as good as their record. Aside from the USM win, all of their wins are against really bad teams 
Back to the top

Also, saw that ESPN projects us in the Hawaii Bowl against Hawaii 
Back to the top

Dang - I need time to prepare for a Hawaii trip, and bowl announcements don't allow for a lot of travel planning/prep time 😀
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

owlcountry40 said

walty12 said

I’m serious, why?

Posted On: Nov 5th 2018, 1:15 PM #383014

I saw it posted there were about 1000 Owls fans at FIU - on the videos it sounded like we owned the place! Were there like 500 FIU fans or something??? :Laughing:

Anyhow, great job making noise in that HS stadium Owl fans, first time winning there since 2009 - that surprised me!

Posted On: Nov 5th 2018, 1:22 PM #383016

Well thank you, glad you appreciated our efforts!

That's why I wasn't on the board yesterday - my voice was still sore from the game…

Back to the top
Control functions: