Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Bowl Games State of the Union

Would we have a better chance at being selected at 6-6 because of Kiffin/Singletary?
Back to the top

Not with a primary affiliation.

Rationale:

Why would someone pick us at 6-6 over six other teams with better records and four of them have head to head advantages.

So, looks like we will need help…with the Frisco Bowl picking someone as our best hope.

Because…

The SEC has 10 tie ins, as does the ACC…the SEC already has 9 eligible and three knocking on the door. So even if they get a couple at larges, they look capable of filling all of the spots that would give C-USA another look by the Independence Bowl.

The ACC has 8 eligible and two knocking on the door. AND Notre Dame counts as an ACC tie in, so really they only need one more to fill.
Back to the top

Rick said

Not with a primary affiliation.

Rationale:

Why would someone pick us at 6-6 over six other teams with better records and four of them have head to head advantages.

So, looks like we will need help…with the Frisco Bowl picking someone as our best hope.

Because…

The SEC has 10 tie ins, as does the ACC…the SEC already has 9 eligible and three knocking on the door. So even if they get a couple at larges, they look capable of filling all of the spots that would give C-USA another look by the Independence Bowl.

The ACC has 8 eligible and two knocking on the door. AND Notre Dame counts as an ACC tie in, so really they only need one more to fill.
Posted On: Nov 17th 2018, 1:50 PM #383565

So what do you see happening? Don’t all the projections with us in the Hawaii Bowl mean something?
Back to the top

They will be revised after this week…

Hawaii is primary spot, we're not top 6.
Back to the top

Rick said

They will be revised after this week…

Hawaii is primary spot, we're not top 6.
Posted On: Nov 17th 2018, 3:36 PM #383570

Interesting thanks for the insight Rick. What’s your gut feeling as to what will happen assuming we beat Charlotte?
Back to the top

Fairly certain the cusa tie in bowls get to take whatever bowl eligible cusa team they want, regardless of 6,7,8,9 wins. 

So I’d say we should be fine with 6. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Why would they take a 6-6 team over a 8-4 team? 
Back to the top

Rick said

Why would they take a 6-6 team over a 8-4 team? 
Posted On: Nov 17th 2018, 5:06 PM #383575

I would think because FAU is a “sexier” pick than most teams in the Conference with Lane and Motor being at the forefront and at the end of the day, Bowl games are TV shows that want the best ratings possible? Idk just imo. But Rick, come on give me your Bowl Projection you have a lot of media experience would love to hear your take. Do we make it or not?
Back to the top

My "opinion" is we make it if Frisco sees a C-USA entry, otherwise, no.

10-2 UAB
9-3 UNT
8-4 LA tech
8-4 MTSU
8-4 Marshall
8-4 FIU

Wait for it…

6-6 FAU, who lost to four of the above teams…
Back to the top

Rick said

My "opinion" is we make it if Frisco sees a C-USA entry, otherwise, no.

10-2 UAB
9-3 UNT
8-4 LA tech
8-4 MTSU
8-4 Marshall
8-4 FIU

Wait for it…

6-6 FAU, who lost to four of the above teams…
Posted On: Nov 17th 2018, 5:50 PM #383580

smh – man, the fact we are hanging by a thread for a bowl this year is so disappointing.
Back to the top
Control functions: