Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Moves by Kiffin

One day after the season ended, Lane makes his first move. Relieving the WR coach Gary Harrelll from his duties. Lane is a football coach. It is his job. He needs to make sure his coaches make him and the team succeed. I'm not sure why, but if Lane feels the need to make this change, go for it. I think everyone feels that something was wrong. This may be just the beginning.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

One day after the season ended, Lane makes his first move. Relieving the WR coach from his duties. Lane is a football coach. It is his job. He needs to make sure his coaches make him and the team succeed. I'm not sure why, but if Lane feels the need to make this change, go for it. I think everyone feels that something was wrong. This may be just the beginning.
Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 8:24 PM #383770

I mean he was super critical after the game and pretty much all year about the WR’s so this should not be surprising.

He also seemed very criticism about the defense. So will be interesting if something is done there too. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Local Owl said

One day after the season ended, Lane makes his first move. Relieving the WR coach from his duties. Lane is a football coach. It is his job. He needs to make sure his coaches make him and the team succeed. I'm not sure why, but if Lane feels the need to make this change, go for it. I think everyone feels that something was wrong. This may be just the beginning.

I mean he was super critical after the game and pretty much all year about the WR’s so this should not be surprising.

He also seemed very criticism about the defense. So will be interesting if something is done there too. 
Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 8:39 PM #383772

Every facet of this team is a mess. I cannot think of a single area (other than the QB's kicking game) that is actually solid. I am very concerned with next season due to the struggle at QB and the likely departure of Motor. I think we need many more coaching changes **cough** OC **cough**. I give the new coaches time to grow, but I did not see any progress from the beginning of the season to the end. Am I off base?
Back to the top

FAU needs more $$$ for assistants. Maybe coach justice would like to come back as OC?
Back to the top

Lago said

DeltAlumnus said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 8:39 PM #383772

Every facet of this team is a mess. I cannot think of a single area (other than the QB's kicking game) that is actually solid. I am very concerned with next season due to the struggle at QB and the likely departure of Motor. I think we need many more coaching changes **cough** OC **cough**. I give the new coaches time to grow, but I did not see any progress from the beginning of the season to the end. Am I off base?
Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 9:44 PM #383774

Not at all. What happened this year is unacceptable given all the key players who returned. The staff needs to get the most out of these guys and put them in positions to win, and they failed miserably.
Back to the top

Lago you are not off base at all.  I was not a fan of the coordinators or position coaches we hired this year because they did not seem to have any significant experience between the whole lot.  Returning most of our team from last year there is no way we should have had the drop off in play that we did.  I tried to give the team time to gel and evolve but that did not happen during the season.  In fact we may have actually gotten worse.

Defense - Terrible, Offense - Anemic and easily predictable, Kicking - Non-existant (actually the punting was good), Special teams - No team should have as many blocked kicks as we did.

I'm still not sold on Robison, but I also still wonder what the deal with Johnson and Coach K was.  From the fan's perspective it looks like Johnson should have had a lot more field time, but Kiffin kept him out.  I guess it doesn't really matter at this point.

Santa, I just want a new OC for christmas  :Laughing:

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Another position that regressed badly this year was the DL. Look at last game, allowing UNCC to run for nearly 300 yards, c'mon! And the sack totals for the DL were awful!. Down to 23 TOTAL on D from 38 the year before. And the Ints. down to 11 from 20. With the DB's down to 7 from 19!!!!!

Let's see here 2017 DC/DL Coach from SEC. DB Coach from SEC. And ST Coach from PAC12 (just to bring THAT ugly area up). This year, what were those comparable resumes????

I say we need to get Chris Kiffin (DC/DL last year) back from those awful 49ers! Dr. Kelley, Coach K is great but you have to give him more $$$ in the VCoached=s pool, we should have retained more from the first year, losing ALL 3 Co-ords was a serious issue we DID NOT ADDRESS NOR FILL adequately. If we want 6-6 or worse from here on, we hire guys with NO major experience!
Back to the top

This is why I brought up our RG, because I know everyone's going to be pointing fingers anywhere they can. To find out why we went 5-7, you have to do an honest evaluation of what's going on with the players. This is what happens when the guy can't even get out of his own way, and has no business seeing FBS action. Yea, but it's everybody else's fault. I say that's a joke.
Back to the top

So ONE player caused us to go 5-7 and not stop others teams when really needed (seemingly ever)? Did not get sacks or be in position to make pics, or kick, or…………………

I get it you don't like Riles and think he should be in FCS (even though started at UF), but why the constant HATE on one young man??? He, like many on this team, blew their NFL draft chances on a very weak, even lame senior seasons. The D could have had up to 6 draft picks…….

THAT IS ON THE COACHING IMHO - I HAVE ALWAYS SAID I COACHED FOR MANY YEARS AND YOUR JOB IS TO PUT YOUR TEAM, YOUR PLAYERS IN A POSITION TO SUCCEED, NOT FAIL! YOU ARE THE LEADER - YOU HAVE TO TEACH AND PREPARE AND MOTIVATE YOUR PLAYERS, YOUR TEAM!

And in many cases I totally agree, the BENCH or even the BUS is your best motivation tool! To me, if a starter is not mad and then motivated by being benched it shows to me that player should NOT be starting, no matter how "talented" they "think" they are. Ya have to do it on the field, in the games! THAT is why I ALWAYS taught you play like ya practice. If they are doing something wrong in practice, STOP, FIX IT, DON'T let them keep doing it wrong. Habits (GOOD AND BAD) are formed that way!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Another position that regressed badly this year was the DL. Look at last game, allowing UNCC to run for nearly 300 yards, c'mon! And the sack totals for the DL were awful!. Down to 23 TOTAL on D from 38 the year before. And the Ints. down to 11 from 20. With the DB's down to 7 from 19!!!!!

Let's see here 2017 DC/DL Coach from SEC. DB Coach from SEC. And ST Coach from PAC12 (just to bring THAT ugly area up). This year, what were those comparable resumes????

I say we need to get Chris Kiffin (DC/DL last year) back from those awful 49ers! Dr. Kelley, Coach K is great but you have to give him more $$$ in the VCoached=s pool, we should have retained more from the first year, losing ALL 3 Co-ords was a serious issue we DID NOT ADDRESS NOR FILL adequately. If we want 6-6 or worse from here on, we hire guys with NO major experience!
Posted On: Nov 26th 2018, 9:26 AM #383780

I still believe Chris Kiffin exit has more to do with the 2 year Show Cause that was slapped on him.
Back to the top
Control functions: