Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Moves by Kiffin

I do too as it limits his ability to recruit - but so what, hire him back and Coach K can talk to anyone Chris wants him too, he just can't do it himself. For the OC, Kingsbury ( Tx. Tech) is available!
Back to the top

Kingsbury would be interesting - and the kind of thing I could see Kiffin liking to do.  It would be a move to the passing game, which also seems like what Kiffin wants to do with Robison.  But I would guess Kingsbury will either cash some checks on a TV gig or will get a group of 5 head job somewhere.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Kingsbury would be interesting - and the kind of thing I could see Kiffin liking to do.  It would be a move to the passing game, which also seems like what Kiffin wants to do with Robison.  But I would guess Kingsbury will either cash some checks on a TV gig or will get a group of 5 head job somewhere.
Posted On: Nov 26th 2018, 3:29 PM #383792

Kingsbury aint coming here. Bruce Feldman tweeted there is a good chance he ends up in the NFL as an OC.

He will get top OC money in the country
Back to the top

Tee Martin will likely get let go by USC and I think he would be a homerun hire as OC. He is an excellent recruiter.
Back to the top

Lago said

DeltAlumnus said

Local Owl said

One day after the season ended, Lane makes his first move. Relieving the WR coach from his duties. Lane is a football coach. It is his job. He needs to make sure his coaches make him and the team succeed. I'm not sure why, but if Lane feels the need to make this change, go for it. I think everyone feels that something was wrong. This may be just the beginning.
Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 8:24 PM #383770

I mean he was super critical after the game and pretty much all year about the WR’s so this should not be surprising.

He also seemed very criticism about the defense. So will be interesting if something is done there too. 
Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 8:39 PM #383772

Every facet of this team is a mess. I cannot think of a single area (other than the QB's kicking game) that is actually solid. I am very concerned with next season due to the struggle at QB and the likely departure of Motor. I think we need many more coaching changes **cough** OC **cough**. I give the new coaches time to grow, but I did not see any progress from the beginning of the season to the end. Am I off base?
Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 9:44 PM #383774

I agree. The OC, DC and Oline hires were subpar. On every 3rd and long the new Dc brings the house and allows the opposing Qb to throw a screen or throw hot against the blitz. If I can see it opposing OCs can see it.  On offense Kiffin completely mismanaged the QB position Johnson should have been starting some games this year. Robinson may be great one day but too much of a gunslinger mentality and too streaky. Special Teams let's just move past it. The o-line was a turnstile for most of the year. Very disappointing with all of the returning players.

Back to the top

I absolutely believe Kiffin has no intention of firing Charlie Weis Jr…I think Kiffin has repeatedly said Weis Jr has been doing extremely well in his role so far. Plus I think Kiffin and Weis Jr were both play calling this season.

But I think a brilliant idea would be to have Tee Martin come in to be the Co-Offensive Coordinator and the WR coach.
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

I absolutely believe Kiffin has no intention of firing Charlie Weis Jr…I think Kiffin has repeatedly said Weis Jr has been doing extremely well in his role so far. Plus I think Kiffin and Weis Jr were both play calling this season.

But I think a brilliant idea would be to have Tee Martin come in to be the Co-Offensive Coordinator and the WR coach.
Posted On: Nov 26th 2018, 4:55 PM #383797

Correct me if I am wrong but how did playcalling work this year. First I thought Lane would start out calling them but it mentions Kiffin took them back. Tee could be Co-Oc and play caller and weis jr still co-oc as he is now.  No offense to Charlie but Tee is an upgrade in every way possible especially recruiting.
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

faufan2017 said

Posted On: Nov 26th 2018, 4:55 PM #383797

Correct me if I am wrong but how did playcalling work this year. First I thought Lane would start out calling them but it mentions Kiffin took them back. Tee could be Co-Oc and play caller and weis jr still co-oc as he is now.  No offense to Charlie but Tee is an upgrade in every way possible especially recruiting.
Posted On: Nov 26th 2018, 4:59 PM #383798

I agree with ya he would be an improvement over the Jr. "experiment" in all ways too. This years moves just simply did not work at all and better to cut your losses, reload and start now - we won't be expected to do anything next year now anyhow. Two 3 point losses and a 1 point loss with ZERO O in the 2nd halves of all three games is almost back to the Partridge era! a lone FG in all three games guys - TWO OF THEM AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Keeping Coach Smith, Trickett and Love should be our top priorities.  I'm more worried about them getting picked off than anything else really.  The coordinators will be back next year.  Hopefully Jr spends some time in the film room with Sr in the offseason.
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: